Haze while idling

Rmartin-97

Reaction score
Does anyone else's truck haze while its idling. I noticed mine doing it since it got cold out. The motor is new and we replaced two injectors due to high return rates. And I'm pretty sure the other 6 were flowed and checked at river city diesel. Could the winter blend of fuel cause it to haze or any other ideas on it?

webb06

Reaction score
Does anyone else's truck haze while its idling. I noticed mine doing it since it got cold out. The motor is new and we replaced two injectors due to high return rates. And I'm pretty sure the other 6 were flowed and checked at river city diesel. Could the winter blend of fuel cause it to haze or any other ideas on it?

If you have custom tunes have them raise the idle rail pressure to like 7000-7500 psi. That'll take care of a lot of the extra haze. At least it did when I had 30% nozzles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rmartin-97

Reaction score
Mines always done it that u can remeber now even before the new motor. I just thought on stock fuel it wouldn't do it.

sootie

Reaction score
Mine was extremely bad with cut and machined pistons. Like Dillon said-bump the rail pressure up at idle and it will help

Lipka101

Reaction score
Mine does a little. Its more noticeable when it's cold but I still gotta look for it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

08Monster

Reaction score
Mine hazes blue like a SOB on a cold start and while it's idling cold. Annoying.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Mine hazes pretty bad on real cold start ups...but I have flycut pistons...once it warms up to higher temps like around 100 EOT/ECT it seems to clean up well....still hazes a little but not much....

Diesel23

Reaction score
Same problem here with cold weather, I think it has to do with any condensation built up over night and is just burning off

sootie

Reaction score
Same problem here with cold weather, I think it has to do with any condensation built up over night and is just burning off

no. it has to do with poor atomization of the fuel when the temp in the cylinder is low.

Latest posts

Members online