Should I get 6.0 or keep my 7.3

Brucesearly99

Reaction score
How many of you had a 7.3 then went to 6.0
I own a early 99 7.3 6 speed. Been thinking about getting rid of it for a bullitt proofed 6.0. Just getting some opinions of what y'all think, , I don't get in to all that blowing smoke and all the high performance stuff. All I know is I've owned my truck for 12 years and only done regular maintenance to it and I'm hesitant to get something else to start a new relationship with. It's kinda scary really. I'm looking 05 lariat supposedly has already been bullitt proofed and receipts etc.

Any of y'all wish you just keep your old 7.3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1303575

swinky

Reaction score
I wouldn't do it. I'm probably the biggest 6.0 fan boy on here but you're going to be doing some wrenching.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Why not both?

hgmW4Ne.jpg

Reaction score
Haven't had mine but a couple months, loved my old 7.3...

But so far, I've towed with it and all, and I love the newer platform, everything about it, it does everything better, except maybe slightly higer egts.

As far as reliability goes, only time will tell though.

06-6.0l, studded, reworked heads, egr ******, blue spring mod, 6.4 banjos, dummy plugs, stand pipe, upgraded stc fitting, New oil cooler, New ipr, New icp, atlas 40 FICM, stage 1 powermax, and Looney wild, 325/65R18

Brucesearly99

Reaction score
I just hate to sale my 7.3 that I know is a good solid truck for something that I don't know about. The more I read about 6.0 the more I'm hesitant to buy one.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Can you do alot of the work yourself? That what makes 6.0s appealing, is being able to work on them yourself... me, I hate working on 7.3s.. but that's why I own one, so I don't have to work on it... ever.. lol

Brucesearly99

Reaction score
I can't buy both, need money from one to buy the other. I can work on them, I just don't like to anymore.

Brucesearly99

Reaction score
Here's the add description. What do y'all think? Is it missing anything?
8f9367e89adcc404f99b2f4156a606e7.jpg

sootie

Reaction score
whoever typed that sounds like an inbred teenager. i'd stay far away.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
so many red flags on that one, I can't even count...

this is why people hate the 6.0... you buy a pile of **** from a kid like that, you're gonna have a bad time

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
"bulletproof" is the number one red flag IMO

buy a bone stock truck from an old man who maintained it, and you'll have a FAR better ownership experience

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
"bulletproof" is the number one red flag IMO

buy a bone stock truck from an old man who maintained it, and you'll have a FAR better ownership experience

Hence why it took me 6 years to buy a 6.0... I finally nailed one down with stock heads and stock bolts.. un touched 196k

I love the Craigslist 'it's bulletproofed'.. people see the studs and think it's all done... how do you know it wasn't done using pull and pray method... better yet, how was that block even prepped???

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there are so many slap-ass mechanics out there... even if they managed to get the head job right, they turn around and fill the cooling system with pond water or something

give me a bone stock 6.0 for the same price as these flat-biller "bulletproof" rigs any day of the week!

It's kindof a good phenomenon though actually because it keeps the price of the GOOD trucks low because all the lemmings have been trained to seek out "buletproofed" 6.0's and they don't even consider the ones that were never torn up to begin with.

Ever notice that the "bulletproof" rigs are always for sale a couple short months after all the work was done? :confused: maybe because they've already had to replace the oil cooler again? twice? LOL

Halestorm55

Reaction score
One for one is how I did mine its been almost 2 years going good. That was after running it hard for a week with multiple coolant pressure gauges and it not pressurizing. Still have a coolant pressure gauge just for when I'm towing or racing.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.