Ceramic Coating

Jomax

Reaction score
My guy re applies it yearly, that’s the lifetime part lol.
Does a free detail at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make sure he does. CP lifetime warranty states the vehicle needs an annual inspection for them to continue to warranty, nowhere does it state they’ll re coat it yearly if for life. The cost that an installer pays for that stuff is high, I don’t see how they can’t keep afloat re coating every year. Their lifetime warranty is also full of loopholes.

I am by no means bagging on them, I’ve just seen so many Lifetime warranty stuff not live up to expectations.

Quigs4u

Reaction score
Make sure he does. CP lifetime warranty states the vehicle needs an annual inspection for them to continue to warranty, nowhere does it state they’ll re coat it yearly if for life. The cost that an installer pays for that stuff is high, I don’t see how they can’t keep afloat re coating every year. Their lifetime warranty is also full of loopholes.

I am by no means bagging on them, I’ve just seen so many Lifetime warranty stuff not live up to expectations.

Agree completely. My guy doesn’t say he reapplies a coat. He says he touches it up if he thinks it’s necessary. If your getting a annual recoat that’s a smoking deal!!
The shop I use does the mandatory annual inspection to keep the warranty valid. On his dime he does a detail to keep the customers happy. It worked on me, I decided to go lifetime because a annual $250 or more detail at no cost was a no brainer.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Can any of these coatings be applied to an older truck? Seems like very day I get less and less time to keep up with mine and a good buff and coating on it sure would be nice.

Jomax

Reaction score
Can any of these coatings be applied to an older truck? Seems like very day I get less and less time to keep up with mine and a good buff and coating on it sure would be nice.

They most certain Can. I recommend a machine polish first.

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
A ceramic Dealer will NOT apply without Paint correction First.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
They most certain Can. I recommend a machine polish first.

A ceramic Dealer will NOT apply without Paint correction First.

That would be one of the perks is getting it polished out so well first. I have my own stuff but by myself it takes a few days to polish everything myself and I would bet they could do a little better job than I do.

Just a local place was doing stuff on only newer cars, I had my wife's car done there right after we got it because it was cheap. Like only $150 with a 5 year warranty. It is a dupont ceramic coating is what they told me. But, they wouldn't do a vehicle more than 2 years old.

Last edited:

jim.kukulski.

Reaction score

He’s a great buddy of mine, so I shouldn’t have any issues. Plus I’m paying him to wash it every month lol. My guess is people who do this in general don’t keep the cars very long. Or if they do they take exceptional care of them.

Jayh

Reaction score
coatings in NC?

I just got a black 17, anyone know of a company that does paint correction and coatings in NC?

Leftthenleft

Reaction score
I just got a black 17, anyone know of a company that does paint correction and coatings in NC?

Hyper fast cars in huntersville area. Exit 28 off of 77. Ask for Chris. He did a gold package on my raptor and it is everything everyone has stated. Not scratch proof by any means but makes clean up way easier. I'm having him do my wife to be's srt 8 jeep now.

Also, the tint shop in Denver does it. Not sure if they are ceramic pro certified though. I contacted ceramic pro and they got me hooked up with Chris.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.