Symptoms of a bad or plugged ebp sensor

loboost

Reaction score
Onmy 06...

Finally got my live wire updated and it now reads ebp.

At idle ebp is reading like 55-65 psi and increases from there.

I'm running 175/stock, billet power Max , ede up pipes, 4" mbrp with a muffler.

I'm have zero driveability issues. No codes. Anyone wanna take a jab?

sent while driving recklessly

Atsah

Reaction score
EBP is ignored with the later flashes, and the info is derived from other sensors.. My truck was an 03 and that's probably why I got the CEL and you don't on your 06..

I have heard that if the EBP tube is blocked you will get some black smoke and turbo issues but I never experienced that I would just get a CEL, bring it in and they would clean the gunk out and I would be good for six months, the thing is a PITA...

Last edited:

loboost

Reaction score
The livewire didn't monitor ebp out of the box. That only came to be with the recent update...

Last time I looked at ebp was when I had an x3/insight combo and ebp was nowhere near what it is now...but then again I was on stock parts then as well.

Dave

Reaction score
Ebp is NOT IGNORED with the later flashes. Its only ignored in the later flashes on 03-04 trucks.

Ebp reads high with a plugged sensor. Especially when below freezing temps. Can cause rough idle till warm.

Just went through this on my 06

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Dave

Reaction score
Is this a livewire ts or the old livewire?

loboost

Reaction score
Is this a livewire ts or the old livewire?

i use the newest, the 5015

Are you running an aftermarket turbo??

in my op, yes I'm running a billet power Max

Ebp is NOT IGNORED with the later flashes. Its only ignored in the later flashes on 03-04 trucks.

Ebp reads high with a plugged sensor. Especially when below freezing temps. Can cause rough idle till warm.

Just went through this on my 06

temps have been in the upper 40s to low 70s here lately. I haven't had any cold idle issues as of yet. I can't say how long ebp has been this high as I haven't monitored it in almost a year.

loboost

Reaction score
I'd say the LiveWire is reading it wrong. Is there any way for you to check EBP with a different device??

I'm going to hook my otc genesys up sometime and see what it says but haven't done it yet.

Dave

Reaction score
Yeah at 40-70 the Livewire is reading it wrong. Its not a frozen sensor issue. Its a conversion equation issue

loboost

Reaction score
Yeah at 40-70 the Livewire is reading it wrong. Its not a frozen sensor issue. Its a conversion equation issue

Any simple way to remedy this? Or is it just an sct tech issue?

I would think a separate gauge and port would suffice but I'm not interested in yanking my up pipes just for that.

bboteler

Reaction score
I've also noticed different tuning can vary EBP...not by the numbers your describing but tuning can play a role to some degree. What does your truck read with a stock tune?

loboost

Reaction score
I've also noticed different tuning can vary EBP...not by the numbers your describing but tuning can play a role to some degree. What does your truck read with a stock tune?

Not as high...but still very high. Hitting 100psi of backpressure at 1500-2000 rpm high. I'm starting to think its an sct issue as I noticed my boost this morning , according to the live wire was -2psi....

sootie

Reaction score
Not as high...but still very high. Hitting 100psi of backpressure at 1500-2000 rpm high. I'm starting to think its an sct issue as I noticed my boost this morning , according to the live wire was -2psi....

can also be a bad ebp sensor issue, we had a truck with a bad ebp sensor and every cold start it would throw a turbo underboost code.

loboost

Reaction score
can also be a bad ebp sensor issue, we had a truck with a bad ebp sensor and every cold start it would throw a turbo underboost code.

I've yet to have any codes

Latest posts

Members online