Mobil 1 as fuel additive

George4

Reaction score
I am going on a road trip tonight towing across the country. I have used 2 stroke in the past as a fuel additive, but I have a case of 5w-20 mobile one that I have no use for anymore. Can I use that as a fuel additive to possibly pick up a few mpg?

INFRNL

Reaction score
I haven't ever seen an additive that gains economy but you can add oil to diesel if you like.

I have a buddy that puts old oil in his semi and he claims it helps make the truck run a little better. I think at times he uses fresh oil as well.

how much you need to use per tank I do not know though. a quart per tank, IDK

PSD POWER007

Reaction score
You won’t pick up any MPG adding oil. Just be helping to lube the fuel side of the injectors a little. Definitely won’t hurt.

Bugman

Reaction score
I don't know if I would put a synthetic oil into the fuel. Dino oil would be fine but the additives in the synthetic might cause problems with the injectors.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

mandkole

Reaction score
Going back 10 yrs ago, I’d run super tech 2 stroke premix thru the fuel when it was trending lol...

needen$77

Reaction score
Haha i thought about posting this. I sold my boat and had a gallon of mobil 1 and i ran it through. It seem to like it, still run it. No, no more mpg just happier injectors

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I am not sure that running something that isn't designed to burn is a good idea.
You can run just about anything petroleum based in a non emissions equipped diesel engine. Some of it might gum it up. Some of it might clean it out and some of it will lube everything inside. Wont hurt to run oil in it.

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I am concerned about the gum up part.
It all depends on how much you put it. Treat it as an additive and only do a half oz per gallon and it wont hurt. Or even a quart per tank. No different from the guys running straight veggy oil. All they do is heat it first so it can go through the pumps.

live life full throttle

needen$77

Reaction score
It was 2 stroke oil to be clear and that gallon lasted over a year. I wondered how it would affect my fuel filter but it didnt seem to mess with it

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online