CCV Mod questions

F250sd

Reaction score
So ill cut to the chase, on a stock 6.4 would i need a tuner to run my blowby into the atmo with a ccv out to the frame. I'm planning on(need to) make it breath better cold air dowpipe back tune sorta stuff but can i do the ccv mod or will i just start throwing codes and whatnot? kinda a simple question but i could find anything with that specific info and most yalls trucks got the tune treatment already.

Lipka101

Reaction score
So ill cut to the chase, on a stock 6.4 would i need a tuner to run my blowby into the atmo with a ccv out to the frame. I'm planning on(need to) make it breath better cold air dowpipe back tune sorta stuff but can i do the ccv mod or will i just start throwing codes and whatnot? kinda a simple question but i could find anything with that specific info and most yalls trucks got the tune treatment already.

No, there won’t be any problems. Ccv is not monitored in any way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

F250sd

Reaction score
is it a good mod to do? i came from a 6.0 with one but do the 6.4s benefit pretty good from the blowby not going back into the intake? i mean basic understanding of combustion says yeah its a no brainer but real world things change for stupid reasons, if you're running one can you recall what you noticed like right away. or anyone else venting to the atmo can chime in too i just got into this thing and i want to build it for reliability. i dont mean to be new to 6.4s but lets get real these motors can be touchy i wanna cross my t's and dot my i's. i love the truck and im stoked for my future build

Lipka101

Reaction score
is it a good mod to do? i came from a 6.0 with one but do the 6.4s benefit pretty good from the blowby not going back into the intake? i mean basic understanding of combustion says yeah its a no brainer but real world things change for stupid reasons, if you're running one can you recall what you noticed like right away. or anyone else venting to the atmo can chime in too i just got into this thing and i want to build it for reliability. i dont mean to be new to 6.4s but lets get real these motors can be touchy i wanna cross my t's and dot my i's. i love the truck and im stoked for my future build

I think it’s a smelly waste of time and money. The small amount of oil that it puts in the intake isn’t going to hurt anything, not to mention the haze of oil vapor chugging from the truck when you’re sitting at a stop lights. You’re not going to notice anything Performance wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro