re: Aloha from the "left coast"

daboss

Reaction score
re: Aloha from the "left coast"

Aloha Folks,

John (Garbage Mechanic) just informed me of this great site and said many of the old-school/pros are here and so helpful in keeping our older 7.3's going. So, I knew I had to join "da army," cuz I need all the help I can get!

Mahalo to all of you.-kyle

Now back to my fuel pump situation to see if the old mechanical pump is on its last legs or maybe the FPR screen is full of gunk!

Reaction score
Welcome Kyle!

I just made it over here myself! 270k on original pump has got to be a record. I think I replaced 4 or 5 in 250k on my 94. Cheers!

daboss

Reaction score
Aloha Everyone-
Thank you for the warm welcomes!

Patrick I was hoping you were here too! Was your truck a California model? John was explaining to me that it might be a little difficult for me to do the pump by myself since it is a CA model. That is why I am contemplating the electric pump, just wish they were cheaper!

Take care now.
Mahalo,
Kyle

Welcome Kyle!

I just made it over here myself! 270k on original pump has got to be a record. I think I replaced 4 or 5 in 250k on my 94. Cheers!

Reaction score
My 97 is a Cali model, but haven't changed THAT pump yet (knock-on-wood). It'll be a bit harder with the fuel pulse dampener on it. Cheers!

daboss

Reaction score
Aloha Folks-
To everyone, thank you for the welcomes! Lots of Aloha Spirit as we say! I think I got my fuel pump thing under control, may have been a clogged FPR screen. Now, looking for a used intercooler.
Mahalo,
kyle

Latest posts

Members online