Auxiliary Fuel Tank Options

DTIEK

Reaction score
Plans are to add some type of aux tank/tool box combo to the bed of my 13ccsb due to the fact that the 26 gal tank sucks. What are you guys running and what's the bet way to get the fuel to the main tank? Gravity Feed, small 12v pump etc?

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
i run a 50 gallon aux tank in the bed of my truck, went ot vatozone and got a mr gasket small diesel pump. made for diesel fuel. hooked it up to the #4 upfitter switch and let it run for 5-10 mins at a time. works great and allows me to run nearly a thousand miles between fill ups.

RedRice589

Reaction score
I use a RDS 60 gallon gravity fed into my factory tank. It's got a nice little 7 inch deep toolbox on top cost me $750 with the install kit from Northern tool and equipment

DTIEK

Reaction score
Only downside on replacing the stock tank is when I get rid of the truck it goes with it or I'm stuck trying to sell it. Then getting one for the new rig.

DTIEK

Reaction score
I use a RDS 60 gallon gravity fed into my factory tank. It's got a nice little 7 inch deep toolbox on top cost me $750 with the install kit from Northern tool and equipment

I'm looking at this same set up. Is it a pretty simple straight forward install?

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Only downside on replacing the stock tank is when I get rid of the truck it goes with it or I'm stuck trying to sell it. Then getting one for the new rig.

I look at it like this, you add a 55 gallon Titan tank to your truck while you own it as a upgrade. A upgrade that makes perfect sense and doesn't void or alter factory form or function. You use it for a couple years, enjoy the benefits. Come time to sell the truck, you leave the tank in and list it as a added feature. It's not a cosmetic change. It's not a warranty voiding change either, but it is one that should have been factory and people of all age ranges and truck use interests will appreciate it. I bet you will get your money back out of it that way and I would put money on ot not taking away from the value of the pickup come sale time.

How's that for a sales pitch? Lol. It's a great investment and being that you have a short box truck, you really can't sacrifice the room a transfer tank would eat up.

12stroker

Reaction score

That's the exact same route I am going due to the fact of people saying the truck sags when full on the drivers side.

RedRice589

Reaction score
I'm looking at this same set up. Is it a pretty simple straight forward install?

Yea it's pretty simple but the ball valve can't be left open because there is a vent on top of the regular tank it leaks out of. I run my factory tank down to almost empty and then hop out to take a wiz and open the aux tank and it slowly fills the tank while runnin untill it's out I get 750 -900 miles while hauling.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I just installed a transfer flow 40 gal toolbox combo I'll let you know how it works. Transfer flow comes with a pump and controller to auto fill your tank or has an optional display to monitor both tank capacities

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i just hate how they keep changing the tanks so when you buy one it has to stay with the truck, for me 1100 dollars to not be able to take with your next truck would stink. Thats the reason i went the way i did, you can always take the in bed tank out when your not using it for road trips (which is where i would assume you would want it most. For me mine will probably stay in the truck (tool box will be an added benifit to me) but i have thought about only running it durring towing season (camping racing ect)

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
Is anyone on here a dealer for titan? Kinda like the 55gallon idea...that is until I go to fill it up haha

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
Nice! I'll let you know. I have alotta parts I wanna buy...this might fall to the bottom of the parts list

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

CT9AIX

Reaction score
I've got a rds 39 gallon that's gravity fed and love it. That and the factory 39 gallon tank mean mucho miles between fill ups!

12stroker

Reaction score
i just hate how they keep changing the tanks so when you buy one it has to stay with the truck, for me 1100 dollars to not be able to take with your next truck would stink. Thats the reason i went the way i did, you can always take the in bed tank out when your not using it for road trips (which is where i would assume you would want it most. For me mine will probably stay in the truck (tool box will be an added benifit to me) but i have thought about only running it durring towing season (camping racing ect)

Yup I like that idea the best I used to have a 35 gallon stand up tank. But when I went to a short bed I sold it. And going to get a fuel and tool box combo. The one that's at northern tool that way when I trade in my truck I can keep it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.