Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Power Strokes > 2017+ 6.7 Aluminum Super Duty

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-10-2018, 08:38 PM
HD F250's Avatar
HD F250 HD F250 is online now
Major
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 1,791
Default Stereo upgrade

I am looking upgrade my stereo using the factory nav head unit and have a few questions for the audio guys.

1. Anyone figured out a solution to add amps to the factory head unit? I want a good clean signal because I am going with some high end components (Focal, Hertz or Morel probably).

2. Any recommendations on which speakers to use for the dash? My quick research revealed that it is two 3 inch speakers.

3. My truck is a regular cab so looking for a recommendation on a nice small enclosure sub.

Lastly, any dealers who can give me some good prices send me a PM.

Thanks in advance!
__________________
2008 HD F250, Elite Stage 1 motor, High Powers, MPD 100's, dual pumps, Stage 4 trans, No Limit pipes

2008 ECSB F250, Elite Stroker motor, big nozzles and big turbos
  #2  
Old 01-10-2018, 10:04 PM
bigrpowr's Avatar
bigrpowr bigrpowr is offline
<How I Fly
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 15,014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD F250 View Post
I am looking upgrade my stereo using the factory nav head unit and have a few questions for the audio guys.

1. Anyone figured out a solution to add amps to the factory head unit? I want a good clean signal because I am going with some high end components (Focal, Hertz or Morel probably).

2. Any recommendations on which speakers to use for the dash? My quick research revealed that it is two 3 inch speakers.

3. My truck is a regular cab so looking for a recommendation on a nice small enclosure sub.

Lastly, any dealers who can give me some good prices send me a PM.

Thanks in advance!
i used an audio processor, Audio Control DM-810 , and used Focal Elite K2 components and crossovers. works well .
__________________
Tyrant , PIP , Alberta Speed , S P A R T A N and H&S Tuners Available

6.7 5" Custom Cold Air Intakes Available

H&S Motorsports Authorized Retailer

1-800-581-8986

Click the banner below for all things No Limit Diesel
  #3  
Old 01-11-2018, 03:33 AM
qzillanut's Avatar
qzillanut qzillanut is offline
Private
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 21
Default

I’m a 3 time spl world champion. I’ve was at the pinnacle of car audio in 2006. Most of having a great sounding system is having a great install. Most of the off the shelf audio components are made China. China produces some very good products but you pay more for them if you want their best. Some companies pay more for the best of China and some just purchase cosmetics. I would say probably 93% of the American car audio market is made in China. 4% hand assembled from Chinese components, and about 3% that’s true top shelf. But you need to understand that every speaker needs a proper supporting cast to function it’s best. Some need a box, some are designed for free air. Some aperiodic. You will never achieve world class without a ton of work. But if you spend a ton on components you can get a decent sounding system with no effort. Most of the expensive stuff is designed to work well in the common new model year vehicles attempt at an in door speaker enclosure.
__________________
2017 F-250 CCSB
  #4  
Old 01-11-2018, 03:56 AM
qzillanut's Avatar
qzillanut qzillanut is offline
Private
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 21
Default

True world class comes from taking the best component and making the best enclosure for it. Which takes a lot of trial and error, alcohol, money, devotion.....you get my point.
__________________
2017 F-250 CCSB
  #5  
Old 01-11-2018, 06:58 PM
HD F250's Avatar
HD F250 HD F250 is online now
Major
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 1,791
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrpowr View Post
i used an audio processor, Audio Control DM-810 , and used Focal Elite K2 components and crossovers. works well .
Thanks Mikey! I will check out the processor and I am considering the Focal K2 Power 165KRX2's. What sub and amps are you running? I am thinking about pulling stuff out of silver truck.
__________________
2008 HD F250, Elite Stage 1 motor, High Powers, MPD 100's, dual pumps, Stage 4 trans, No Limit pipes

2008 ECSB F250, Elite Stroker motor, big nozzles and big turbos
  #6  
Old 01-11-2018, 07:00 PM
HD F250's Avatar
HD F250 HD F250 is online now
Major
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 1,791
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qzillanut View Post
True world class comes from taking the best component and making the best enclosure for it. Which takes a lot of trial and error, alcohol, money, devotion.....you get my point.
I appreciate the feedback and agree on the install. I have never been at that level, but built and tuned a few sub boxes in my time. At this point I just want a quality sounding speaker with a little bit of bass. My days of making my windows leak are over.
__________________
2008 HD F250, Elite Stage 1 motor, High Powers, MPD 100's, dual pumps, Stage 4 trans, No Limit pipes

2008 ECSB F250, Elite Stroker motor, big nozzles and big turbos
  #7  
Old 01-11-2018, 07:32 PM
bigrpowr's Avatar
bigrpowr bigrpowr is offline
<How I Fly
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 15,014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD F250 View Post
Thanks Mikey! I will check out the processor and I am considering the Focal K2 Power 165KRX2's. What sub and amps are you running? I am thinking about pulling stuff out of silver truck.
JL Shallow 10's , and JL HD Amps' i think 1200/5 . you could prolly rock one shallow 12 and be done .
__________________
Tyrant , PIP , Alberta Speed , S P A R T A N and H&S Tuners Available

6.7 5" Custom Cold Air Intakes Available

H&S Motorsports Authorized Retailer

1-800-581-8986

Click the banner below for all things No Limit Diesel
  #8  
Old 01-11-2018, 07:40 PM
HD F250's Avatar
HD F250 HD F250 is online now
Major
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 1,791
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrpowr View Post
JL Shallow 10's , and JL HD Amps' i think 1200/5 . you could prolly rock one shallow 12 and be done .
Thanks Mike. I am definitely planning on a single sub. Two subs in a regular cab would be a little more than I need. I am going to a local stereo shop tomorrow and listen to some speakers.
__________________
2008 HD F250, Elite Stage 1 motor, High Powers, MPD 100's, dual pumps, Stage 4 trans, No Limit pipes

2008 ECSB F250, Elite Stroker motor, big nozzles and big turbos
  #9  
Old 01-12-2018, 04:09 PM
Quigs4u's Avatar
Quigs4u Quigs4u is offline
Sergeant
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 110
Default

Iím using a Amp pro ap4-fd21 bypassed the oem processor In my 17 platinum. With a little custom work managed to get a morel 8 3/4 in each front door. Iím running Morel Elate Titanium 903ís in the front doors and the 603ís in the back doors. Simple jl Stealthbox with jl amps running everything.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  #10  
Old 01-12-2018, 05:22 PM
greyford1979's Avatar
greyford1979 greyford1979 is offline
Major
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Copley,Ohio
Posts: 1,230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD F250 View Post
Thanks Mike. I am definitely planning on a single sub. Two subs in a regular cab would be a little more than I need. I am going to a local stereo shop tomorrow and listen to some speakers.
Always amazes me how many people buy speakers without first listening to a wide variety of them since people have different tastes in in how their speakers sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigs4u View Post
I’m using a Amp pro ap4-fd21 bypassed the oem processor In my 17 platinum. With a little custom work managed to get a morel 8 3/4 in each front door. I’m running Morel Elate Titanium 903’s in the front doors and the 603’s in the back doors. Simple jl Stealthbox with jl amps running everything.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have always loved me some Morel speakers. That's what I have in my truck.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:08 PM.

 

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Designed by Military Ltd