Camera and sensor recall? Or problems.

NY_Mott

Reaction score
I picked up my 17 from the dealer couple weeks back after an oil change, everything was good. On the way home my inner rear TPMS light came on pressure at 0. It was not flat but acting up. It went off 2 days later stayed off and then came back on. Not having time to get back to the dealer I just dealt with it.

Starting last week my cross traffic, blind spot and other camera related sensors would all fault, stay on for a day or so then go off.
This keeps happening, and yesterday my buddy and I were chatting and he told me ford either has a recall or TSB on the system. He got this info from his cousin who is a tech at ford.

Said the entire and I mean entire wiring harness needs to be replaced.

Anyone else having this issue or heard or it.

Thry dealer happened to also call me yesterday as my chrome mirror cap was bubbling and they had the replacement.

I brought up the issues the guy seemed a little nervous and was vague but said we will need to check it out and order parts. Kind of like hey knew the shot storm was coming from this becoming a major issue.

One other thing, as this Is my first new truck, if I bring it in to get fixed I'd guess it would be a week or more to get parts and fix it. Does ford give loaner vechicals and how many are actually getting a comparable vechical to what they have.

Cause I'm not taking some **** box car as a loner.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

DockRocker

Reaction score
Mind did a very similar thing. It ended up being a broken pin in the harness going into the BCM. It took $540 worth of labor to find it. Mine is way out of warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
Sorry to heave about your issues Jay. My dealer always gave me loaner cars when my truck or wife's car are in for service/warranty work. I'd just make sure your service rep knows your stance and that you don't want a POS when you're dropping off your brand new F350 Lariat. I had that conversation with my service guy and have always gotten a newer car or sometimes a demo if the work only took a few hours. Best of luck man, I know how frustrating it can be to have your new truck back to the dealer for issues.

NY_Mott

Reaction score
Thanks Tom, it's all good really I dont even stress it with a warranty. It's just a great thing knowing I can just drop it off and not have to pay anything to get it fixed lol; it's my first new vechical with a warranty.

Kind of surprised more people are not experiencing the issue, but glad they are not also..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Kreep

Reaction score
There is a white connector on the passenger side of the frame next to the spare tire. If water gets in there and corrodes the pins it causes all kinds of crazy stuff to happen with the instrument cluster. I'd pull it apart and check, takes all of 2 minutes... I believe the factory is just replacing the connector but it's on national backorder...

Latest posts

Members online