1995 7.3 stroke no fire

Powerstrokeplumber

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 95 7.3 f250 for 900 bucks had to rewire the transmission after the previous owner ripped the wiring out of the harness connectors with the front drive shaft. now that i got that all wired up. im pretty certain the truck has been sitting for 3 years with a half a tank of fuel that old. I know ether is terrible on a diesel with that being said i lightly coated the breather and it fired up and ran for 2 seconds then shut down. I tried to restart it it wouldn't even fire. I just put 2 850 CCA batteries in it tonight. I put seafoam in the diesel fuel and a little bit of howes diesel treatment. I didn't pay attention to if the tach worked or not cause on my 99 the CPS went out and it did this same thing and the tach didn't work when cranking. I was wondering if the fuel would be a problem being that old or not I'd really like to get this thing on the road.

TIA

Jake

Powerstrokeplumber

Reaction score
ok I will try that first thing in the morning. as far as draining the fuel. will I have to reprime the system because it has set so long will the injection system bleed the pressure off

gnxtc2

Reaction score
When you change the filter, I would fill the bowl with some type Diesel Kleen, Seamfoam, or even clean diesel to help it along.

These 7.3 need fuel and hpo to start. Confirm the 2 and it should start.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Powerstrokeplumber

Reaction score
update changed filter and diesel truck runs!!!!!! thank you for your help. now I have really weak reverse and no drive. the trans mission is brand new. so should I try using Dec electrical cleaner on the connectors on the transmission and harness. have to remove the harness anyways to heatshrink my connectors and wrap it. where should I start.

TIA

jake

Powerstrokeplumber

Reaction score
they are connected correctly when I rewired it but when I was under it the vss is not been reconnected so I think that could be my issue. it's putting the truck in limp mode which is 3rd gear all the time right? and 3rd gear would take some rpms to push a truck that size would it not?

Latest posts

Members online