E99 7.3 xle4 to nvk5 pcm ?'s

TyCorr

Reaction score
I put a NVK4 in my E99 without issues. Putting a e99 pcm in late 99-2003 7.3s will turn on the SES light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive done this multiple times. The "guy" that cut my harness instead of the ziptie holding it together is running an nvk versus the e99. The eclb e99 i bought last year and flipped with a 38r, 160/30s and vb is rinning an nvk 4 and it works really well.

Ive never put an old pcm into a newer pcm.

10shots

Reaction score
The DPC-422 also turns on your CC dash light. ;) xle# (DPC-402) does not.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Didn't work for me , I installed NVK4 dpc 422 in my early 99 , pulled the instrument cluster and checked the bulb ,Wish it would work ,really like how it runs and shifts now , in the process of manually checking fuel mileage , today went little over 200 miles on a quarter tank , not filling up till here's about a quarter left , the lie o meter saying 19.3 right now . Replaced the cps and the pcm at the same time , replaced the gray sensor with the dark gray earlier model

Last edited:

10shots

Reaction score
Didn't work for me , I installed NVK4 dpc 422 in my early 99 , pulled the instrument cluster and checked the bulb ,Wish it would work ,really like how it runs and shifts now , in the process of manually checking fuel mileage , today went little over 200 miles on a quarter tank , not filling up till here's about a quarter left , the lie o meter saying 19.3 right now . Replaced the cps and the pcm at the same time , replaced the gray sensor with the dark gray earlier model

Hand calculation same fuel staition same pump 394 miles 23.15 gallons and didn't just let it click off , force fed it , 17.01 miles to a gallon e99 4 door long bed dually automatic transmission 373 gear mixed driving not over 69 miles an hour . No chip , banks 3.5 exhaust s&b intake nvk4 pcm

TyCorr

Reaction score
Hand calculation same fuel staition same pump 394 miles 23.15 gallons and didn't just let it click off , force fed it , 17.01 miles to a gallon e99 4 door long bed dually automatic transmission 373 gear mixed driving not over 69 miles an hour . No chip , banks 3.5 exhaust s&b intake nvk4 pcm

Thats not too shabby. I can get 20 but thats on a tollway setting cruise at 70

10shots

Reaction score
Nvk4

the e99 PCM used a external bato whereas the 99.5-01 has a internal one. So as to not send a different signal to the PCM in a e99 I always unplug it when swapping to the nvk/pmt PCM. Honestly it isn't tied to performance and I don't think it needs to be unplugged it is just something a mentor taught me.

Sometimes I have had trucks that have hard shifting and customers complain of it. I have had to learn a lot about what sensors tell the PCM and how it responds to the demand.

Moss Diesel Service

I would like ask you a few questions about this ,,,my early 99 has a nvk4 pcm and feels like it shifts hard , also i took a different nvk4 pcm out is a friends truck and it runs different, actually runs stronger ,for what ever reason . I’m thinking my nvk4 had been updated to nvk5 , but will this Baro being plugged up cause a hard shift , seems my 2-3 shift is harder than it should be