Lubrication Engineers Grease

jimdawg185

Reaction score
I think it's on the line for being too tacky for the wheel bearings unless you run huge tires and are in the mud a ton. Then its better. For regular on highway use I like the 4622 better, it has the GC-LB and SAE J-310 wheel bearing certifications too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
Its very good with water and wheel bearings. But if the bearings are high speed there's better grease for that. Boat trailer bearings love our 1275. And it will never mix with water.

Was about to ask about a marine grease. Saltwater takes it's toll. Hell I use it on most stuff that sees any water it seems, since it's so much more water resistant so to speak. And so much tackier and stays in place better without showing signs of water messing with it

jimdawg185

Reaction score
Depending on speed and load 1275 is a great high speed high water grease and 1499 would be a great low speed high load high water grease. 3752 is also a low speed high load high water grease, but if submerged for long periods of time the thickener will tend to pick up some water where the others will not. It's important to remember greases are 65-90% oil and 5-35% thickener. Load and speed are things that make a large difference in choosing the correct grease. There is never going to be a one grease for everything.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.