Dumb azz not paying attention destroyed my truck

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I knew I should have finished that rear bumper project.

This dumb azz (putting things mildly) ran into the rear of my truck today while my wife was driving to work.

Wifey says she was doing 70 w/ traffic and watched this dumb twat come flying at over 100mph and never slowed down, plowed into the back of my truck.

The bumper is mangled, the receiver hitch looks like a pretzle and everything is shoved into the differential. Not just the little stuff like a tailgate and bumper either, my King shocks are bent, exhaust is bent, frame ends are bent.

From first glance it looks like just a bumper, but it's near totaled according to my buddy who works at one of these high end body shops.

My wife, who just had fusion surgery on c5/6 3 months ago is very sore and likely has muscular damage. Though is doing OK...considering.

Geico (who I already hated with a passion) called when we were in the hospital and wanted wifey to make a recorded statement. I refused.

Now they won't respond to multiple messages and there is only one person in the whole company who can issue a rental. We finally paid for the rental out of pocket after screwing around for 2 hours waiting on this horrid person to call back.

I'm pissed as you can well imagine. My wife is messed up, my truck is trashed and I'm just about shaking with rage at Geico's incompetence.

Buck1

Reaction score
Agreed, but insurance companies not doing there job is infuriating. Hope the best for wife and good luck on truck.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
Hope your wife is OK...back issues are no fun...

Post a pic of the truck if you get a chance. It may be fixable

NY_Mott

Reaction score
Dam... so sorry to hear about your wife's pain and possible new injuries , I truly hope it's just soreness and she will not have an major issues.

Sounds like truck might be totaled out, not sure if that's good or bad as I'm pretty sure I remember you thinking of selling it.
Either way I hope it's as stress free as possible which seems like it will be a challenge. Maybe a lawyer is a good call if (sounds like a big fat yes) the person who hit her is completely at fault.
Best of luck ..

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Hope your wife is doing ok man. Your insurance rep needs to be sure you are being taking care of thats their job, to sell you the insurance and make sure that it works for you. Not gonna lie if someone hit her going down the highway like that you may need to look for a little more than just reimbursed for what your truck was worth and medical bills. I understand that accidents happen but stupidity needs to pay up

Reaction score
Hope your wife comes out of this ok. Good luck with Geico, they canceled me due to aftermarket add-ons. They made me list them to make sure they were covered then canceled me 3 years later, and that was without any claims.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Yea, wifey is fair to midlin. Gave her a couple glasses of wine put to bed w/ ice packs.

Already thinking: total the truck. Take all my goodies, total the truck.

Now, would anyone have a loaded '16 lariat in the country?

08Monster

Reaction score
Yea, wifey is fair to midlin. Gave her a couple glasses of wine put to bed w/ ice packs.

Already thinking: total the truck. Take all my goodies, total the truck.

Now, would anyone have a loaded '16 lariat in the country?
I doubt the insurance company is going to let you strip the truck before they take it. My buddy tried that, didn't work. They want it the way it was in the wreck.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

TrickTruck

Reaction score
The positive thing to take from today is that with thousands of pounds of metal at speeds well in excess of 70mph (where even metal gets pretty pliable) I still have wifey.

bpan

Reaction score
I'm really glad to hear your wife is going to be okay. Trucks can be replaced, lives can't. Best of luck to you dealing with insurance. I know how tough it can be.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Hope the wife is ok.

Have the truck towed to your place. The adjuster can come look at it there. That way if totaled you can get your stuff off and replace with stock parts before they tow it out.

Reaction score
Talk to a lawyer immediately, if any damage was done to her physically the settlement you should qualify for should more than enough pay for that truck to fixed... *** the corporate insurance companies. I slammed progressive after consulting a lawyer, got more than enough for my F350 and they paid every penny of rental car fees as well as other accumulated expenses from the accident.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Yeah..

That's actually a manslaughter act against your wife... messed up back and in pain...100mph rear ended accident moving strait forward.... and your worried about finding a new truck... LOL...

Dude you have amazed me lately....

08Monster

Reaction score
Yeah..

That's actually a manslaughter act against your wife... messed up back and in pain...100mph rear ended accident moving strait forward.... and your worried about finding a new truck... LOL...

Dude you have amazed me lately....
That's the first thing I thought when I read this.... Lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.