hid lights

1965pro

Reaction score
what hid conversion kits r the best for a 2001 f350 or what headlight complete would work better thanks

PSD POWER007

Reaction score
I've run 2 kits for well over 300k miles each. The first kit failed when it was 9 years old, they told me to send it in, and two weeks later I had a brand new kit. I guess everyone either gets lucky or is unlucky. Just about everyone I know runs their kits around here and I don't know if anyone that's had issues as long as you get the relay harness.

uncool

Reaction score
For headlights, i have changed mine to the 2005 lights, you can trim your factory core support, couple of speed clips and screws and the lights are in.

As for the light bulbs, i still have not found a LED kit that has good light in a stock housing.

ToMang07

Reaction score
I've run 2 kits for well over 300k miles each. The first kit failed when it was 9 years old, they told me to send it in, and two weeks later I had a brand new kit. I guess everyone either gets lucky or is unlucky. Just about everyone I know runs their kits around here and I don't know if anyone that's had issues as long as you get the relay harness.

Mine was on for less than a year, actually got stranded 1,800 miles from home. (DDM harness came apart internally.) In that time I had 1 ballast and harness failure. They told me to screw. I did the same. LEDs work better anyway, direct replacement, no warm-up time, not affected by cold weather. Way cleaner install.

fastersteve

Reaction score
Mine was on for less than a year, actually got stranded 1,800 miles from home. (DDM harness came apart internally.) In that time I had 1 ballast and harness failure. They told me to screw. I did the same. LEDs work better anyway, direct replacement, no warm-up time, not affected by cold weather. Way cleaner install.

Who's LEDs are you using?

Jomax

Reaction score
I personally prefer a projector retrofit. I never had super good luck with LED bulbs. They didn't put the light to the ground well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Countrycar

Reaction score
I did my HID's with Headlamp conversion about 8yrs ago, and it wasn't any better than the stock lighting, in fact it was worse. So this time around I decided to do some real research, and what I came up with is this. Jomax actually touched on it. A projector retrofit w HID's is gonna give the best lighting period, and I wish I had gone this route to begin with. It is a little involved, but the pay off is outstanding. I'm sure there are others out there, but TRS offers these Morimoto kit's as well as the HID kit's. If your looking for a cheap HID kit or a cheap way of doing this, then you don't want to go with TRS. Nothing they offer is the Chinese garbage that people for some reason, seem to gravitate to when doing LED's, HID's & Projectors. Their prices to me are reasonable, but it's the quality of their product that impress's me even more. I just bought and installed an HID kit from them, and it went fairly easy. When you remove the product from the packaging, the first thing that hit's you is the quality of all the component's. Anyhow, here is a link to the company. Check it out for yourself..
I'm not saying that this is the best kit because I bought and installed their kit. I'm merely passing on the info that I came up with after extensive research, and various phone calls, as well as a conversation on another forum of a guy out here in Ca that did a TRS Retro Projector HID kit. If anyone is interested, pm me and I send you this info. He posted up pic's before and after as well as the lighting he now has.
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.