6.7 service intervals

Reaction score
I recently switched to LE 5w-40 and I must say it certainly quieted down the ticking. I've not come across another oil that did that. I recently just changed that 1st run on LE oil and I'm sending it off for analysis. Went back with the LE and I think I'm sold on it.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I recently switched to LE 5w-40 and I must say it certainly quieted down the ticking. I've not come across another oil that did that. I recently just changed that 1st run on LE oil and I'm sending it off for analysis. Went back with the LE and I think I'm sold on it.
NICE!! now do the rest of the drivetrain!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

brown1

Reaction score
how about coolant. i called the dealer to flush mine at 50k and they recommended i didn't do it. wanted $450 to flush and sevice manager said no need until 100k no matter how hard its worked. tried to just drain myself and could only get <2 gallons out of it. any adice on if i should and how to do it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
I drain both systems every 36k. I drain from the drain valves on the side of the radiators. I get more then 2 gallons out doing it this way.

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
What is the easiest way to get the drain open on the one that faces the front bumper? Sorry, I can't remember which one that is, I just remember it not working out real well.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
What is the easiest way to get the drain open on the one that faces the front bumper? Sorry, I can't remember which one that is, I just remember it not working out real well.

Thats the econdary system. I usually just disconnect the trans cooler coolant hose that goes up to the radiator. Its real easy to get at on the passenger frame ail.

Jomax

Reaction score
Thats the econdary system. I usually just disconnect the trans cooler coolant hose that goes up to the radiator. Its real easy to get at on the passenger frame ail.

I'll have to try that next time.. seems easier then those small plastic drain valves lol.

powerstrokelyfe

Reaction score
Are you guys using the factory recommended motorcraft 50/50 coolant as well ? I would like to change mine out with the higher mileage.

Jomax

Reaction score
Are you guys using the factory recommended motorcraft 50/50 coolant as well ? I would like to change mine out with the higher mileage.

I use ford Orange. If I flush with water I use concentrate. If just drain and fill. I just buy the pre mixed orange at Ford.

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
I use ford Orange. If I flush with water I use concentrate. If just drain and fill. I just buy the pre mixed orange at Ford.

I have been using the Fleet Charge concentrate,and Dilute 50/50 with distilled water.I have used it since I got my first 6.7 in Aug. of '10.Sold it with 326,XXX miles on ODO.Never had a issue w that coolant.Original water pumps also

Jomax

Reaction score
I have been using the Fleet Charge concentrate,and Dilute 50/50 with distilled water.I have used it since I got my first 6.7 in Aug. of '10.Sold it with 326,XXX miles on ODO.Never had a issue w that coolant.Original water pumps also

What was your Intervals with that coolant?

stevens6.7

Reaction score
So I'm bringing this one back up, I've got 41K on my 13 and I do oil changes at 5K and fuel filters at 10K, what do you guys recommend me doing whether it's now or at 45K? I usually let the stealership do my oil and fuel filter changes.

slc6oh

Reaction score
ill bring this back from the dead, just changed my 68k mile 15's oil today cause the window sticker said it had 15w40 in it and I don't like the idea of that, used 10w30 ford stuff, sense its about to get cold here in Utah, noticed a faint tick for the first little bit, but cleared on the drive home, as it wasn't ticking when I home.

how do I go about getting a pail of this oil? exhaust and egr is going to go on a diet hopefully tomorrow as well, think 10k on oil and filter is good with this le stuff? primarily a daily driver, but spring and fall it will tow a few times a month.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
ill bring this back from the dead, just changed my 68k mile 15's oil today cause the window sticker said it had 15w40 in it and I don't like the idea of that, used 10w30 ford stuff, sense its about to get cold here in Utah, noticed a faint tick for the first little bit, but cleared on the drive home, as it wasn't ticking when I home.

how do I go about getting a pail of this oil? exhaust and egr is going to go on a diet hopefully tomorrow as well, think 10k on oil and filter is good with this le stuff? primarily a daily driver, but spring and fall it will tow a few times a month.
i wouldn't run 10w30 in one of these motors especially when it is going on Jenny Craig... f that.. get some 5w40 LE 8854 in her asap. that is the only oil i would recommend a 10k oci....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

ckrueg

Reaction score
Another vote for LE 8854. At 7500 miles my oil was almost perfect. About to send another analysis out but that oil has been run out past 15k by others and been ok

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online