2001 4x4 auto 7.3 multiple codes need help it idled very rough has no power doesn't

jayfaith6488

Reaction score
07f7cd12ac1cfcfbf18070f8e20ad4c7.jpg
9a3e48b096bbe0d9d40593806ee31ffe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thatdude

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
P1211 is a pretty normal code to get when you get to romping around, especially if you have any hotrod parts installed.

The speed sensor stuff is pretty interesting? I've gotten a few VSS codes before doing a burn out and after I was done romping it drove super weird. I assume that these are hard codes that wont clear? I know the VSS doesn't like to reset itself but P1211 normally will clear itself.

jayfaith6488

Reaction score
P1211 is a pretty normal code to get when you get to romping around, especially if you have any hotrod parts installed.

The speed sensor stuff is pretty interesting? I've gotten a few VSS codes before doing a burn out and after I was done romping it drove super weird. I assume that these are hard codes that wont clear? I know the VSS doesn't like to reset itself but P1211 normally will clear itself.

We inherited the truck like this it has a fresh rebuild on the engine I'm sure the man it came from was driving hard when these came on it runs rough and has no power oil is clean radiator as well it doesn't smoke and fires up relatively easy for running so rough

jayfaith6488

Reaction score
We inherited the truck like this it has a fresh rebuild on the engine I'm sure the man it came from was driving hard when these came on it runs rough and has no power oil is clean radiator as well it doesn't smoke and fires up relatively easy for running so rough

I'm an oil field mechanic just not Much experience with ford diesels

ruffneck7.3

Reaction score
Start with the cam position sensor, if they completely fail it won't run at all.. check the wiring also

Reaction score
Another thing that's always worth a shot, unplug the icp sensor when at idle, if it clears up, there is have it, always worth a shot. As stated above, cps is always one to try out too. By the way, unplugging the icp will trip a CEL, but will clear when key is cycled

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

jayfaith6488

Reaction score
Another thing that's always worth a shot, unplug the icp sensor when at idle, if it clears up, there is have it, always worth a shot. As stated above, cps is always one to try out too. By the way, unplugging the icp will trip a CEL, but will clear when key is cycled

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I installed a new cps and unplugged the icp with no change

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
how healthy is the charging system? did the batteries die or where they dead as hell? i have seen those codes all pop up before when everything is dead enough that it cant pick up signal to all of them with koeo or trying to start it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

jayfaith6488

Reaction score
how healthy is the charging system? did the batteries die or where they dead as hell? i have seen those codes all pop up before when everything is dead enough that it cant pick up signal to all of them with koeo or trying to start it.

It starts fine just runs rough and no power

Muskrat

Reaction score
I'm no expert but if all those codes popped up at once the one thing they all have in common is electricity.

Brads93 idi

Reaction score
The 2001 f250 I just got has codes ranging from icp, low turbo pressure , kam, vehicle speed sensor starting to think it's the edge but the guy I got it from just drove to and came back from new Mexico running 70 now I can't get over 55-60mph

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
The 2001 f250 I just got has codes ranging from icp, low turbo pressure , kam, vehicle speed sensor starting to think it's the edge but the guy I got it from just drove to and came back from new Mexico running 70 now I can't get over 55-60mph
return it to stock and see if the problem persists..

Latest posts

Members online