2016 6.7 ******d exhaust

hondahater4ever

Reaction score
I was all about having longevity of my truck so I took the plunge to ****** it. I don't know how people can stand this hissing exhaust noise, just barley giving the truck enough throttle to creep through a parking lot it sounds like a jet. Its not turbo spool noise its just hissing air SUPER annoying. I can not stand it so is there any muffler I can put on to make it go away, if not I will be putting the *** back on.

If there isn't a way to make it go away and I return it to stock, what does a 1 week old SCT programmer with windshield mount with ********z tunes, No Limit EGR plates, Diamond ****** pipe, MBRP 4 inch down pipe brand new not used, and MBRP 5 inch down pipe go for used. Just a ball park price.

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
There is a way to make it stop. From what i have gathered it has something to do with closed vanes or open vanes on the turbo. This can be tuned out. I switched to GearHea d tunes and its way nicer than what i was running before. The hiss is gone and only thing is it will hiss for like 1/4 second when going to park sometimes. Before when i was backing the 5th wheel into the parking spots i could not hear anything other than that damn loud hiss. It was annoying and my wife hated it as well. Now all is well. I have a 2015 with straight pipe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Quite a few threads on this already. Put a 40" Donaldson and/or a FTE resonator on it. That should quiet things down a bit. Drone and hiss.

08Monster

Reaction score
I have read on some forums that adding a muffler will decrease MPG is this true or false
No. The difference in flow is very minimal between a straight setup and a muffler. Think, it flows fairly well through a *** which is a wall flow design. The exhaust is literally 100% restricted and has to force it's way through a ceramic type wall. Still flows fairly well. That muffler won't change a thing.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
I was all about having longevity of my truck so I took the plunge to ****** it. I don't know how people can stand this hissing exhaust noise, just barley giving the truck enough throttle to creep through a parking lot it sounds like a jet. Its not turbo spool noise its just hissing air SUPER annoying. I can not stand it so is there any muffler I can put on to make it go away, if not I will be putting the *** back on.

If there isn't a way to make it go away and I return it to stock, what does a 1 week old SCT programmer with windshield mount with ********z tunes, No Limit EGR plates, Diamond ****** pipe, MBRP 4 inch down pipe brand new not used, and MBRP 5 inch down pipe go for used. Just a ball park price.

Simple, add a muffler and FTE resonator. I used a 17in Resonator and a magnaflow muffler. You can barely hear the hiss when the motor is cold and you're right next to the exhaust tip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
Simple, add a muffler and FTE resonator. I used a 17in Resonator and a magnaflow muffler. You can barely hear the hiss when the motor is cold and you're right next to the exhaust tip.

Do you happen to know the magnaflow part number and how long the muffler is?

hondahater4ever

Reaction score
I talked to No Limit fabrication and they said you can not tune that hiss out of it, only thing they can do is make a hiss tune to make the 6.7 sound kind of like the 6.0.

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
I thought you were talking about the lous hiss at idle and creeping around backing a trailer. That can be tuned out.

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
My brother has that same setup on his duramax it makes a big difference.

jwalk09

Reaction score
Order the biggest fte resonator and also get a muffler and it will be stockish

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I talked to No Limit fabrication and they said you can not tune that hiss out of it, only thing they can do is make a hiss tune to make the 6.7 sound kind of like the 6.0.

you can at idle, but not while driving unless you want the vanes wide open and no spoolup. is it at idle or while driving ?

hondahater4ever

Reaction score
Nothing at idle, only when the absolute slightest throttle is given. I ordered MBRP resonator and MBRP quiet tone muffler yesterday so they should be here this week and I hope that will quiet it down.

Jomax

Reaction score
Nothing at idle, only when the absolute slightest throttle is given. I ordered MBRP resonator and MBRP quiet tone muffler yesterday so they should be here this week and I hope that will quiet it down.

Nothing will change that other then what you just ordered. It'll tone it down a ton.

hondahater4ever

Reaction score
The resonator and muffler came in last night. What it the direction of the exhaust flow? Is it suppose to flow directly into the the pulled up perforations (sorry dont know the correct term for these). Some I read to have the pulled up perfections facing to the rear of the vehicle, but the MBRP quiet tone muffler looking into it no matter how you mount it you will be blowing exhaust into the perforations on one side. The perforations are facing the outlets on both sides so no matter how its mounted the inlet what ever side you choose will have direct exhaust into open perforations on one side and exit on non open perforations.

Last edited:

hondahater4ever

Reaction score
Had these installed today and its so much better, BUT! I like many other I did get a 1.5-1.8 MPG drop after installing these.

Latest posts

Members online