2013 Excessive Blowby

griz700rocket

Reaction score
Going to look at a truck with a flood title and "excessive blowby". Besides warming it up and pulling the oil fill cap are there any other tests I could do. I have forscan and autoenginuity. Supposedly there are no signs of water damage anywhere so I'm wondering if there is anything even wrong or if the guy just doesn't realize how much blowby these newer diesels have from the factory.

Jomax

Reaction score
I'd personally skip a flooded title. Not worth it IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dsberman94

Reaction score
Flooded title is not worth it. Power anything has a good chance of not working, seats, windows, pedals, door locks. I'd stay far away. You'll spend more time replacing stupid crap than driving it.

griz700rocket

Reaction score
Thanks for your opinions. Flood title but no signs of water so a good chance it never even got axle deep. I know what to look for as far as water damage on the rest of the truck but not that familiar with these newer diesels to know if it's hurt.

04cr450

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry on flooded title. Alot of insurance companies will count a vehicle in 6" of water give or take a couple inches a flooded vehicle.. go for it- I have had a couple experiences with flooded vehicles and all were wonderful vehicles

griz700rocket

Reaction score
Yeah, I buy trucks and fix them up as a hobby and have a 2012 f250 gas truck sitting in my shop that was seat deep. I just bought it for parts as I refuse to sell something that might cause issues down the road. Although the electrics on these trucks are pretty impressive. Only thing that didn't work on it was the power windows/locks as the motors were froze up from sitting after they got wet.

Jomax

Reaction score
These trucks to most people have "excessive blowby" when the truck is idling and the oil cap is off. Best bet is to get a compression test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.