Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Power Strokes > 2017+ 6.7 Aluminum Super Duty

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2018, 09:16 AM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepersilverado View Post
Hopefully mine donít rub with the 3 link.

I think what shef was saying is to run the tire size up to the max in the computer then trick the truck by changing the gear ratio in the computer. Simple online calculator says from factory tire to 37 would need to change back to a 3.85 gear ratio. Shows effective ratio of 3.27 with new tires.
Oh, I misunderstood. I thought he was saying about the spreadsheet to calculate the new tire size values in FORScan. Didnt know there was a setting for the gear ratio too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shef View Post
Correct. I think they said and don't quote me but for 37s you would enter 3.20. That's how they got rid of the check engine light. Not sure if they adjusted the tire size. I inquired about reprogramming at Sawgrass Ford in Sunrise FL the other day. They sell several Super Duties lifted with 38s. Their accessories department guy said the service department can reprogram mine when I get the 37s put on.
If you could when you get the new tires put on, let me know what process they used when they program for the 37s, if the speedo is accurate and if its successful without any lights. If the Ford dealer can actually do that, then I may look into that route as well.

2017 F350 6.7 PSD XLT, Bronze Fire Metallic CCSB