Maybe opening a can of worms but.......

sprayjock

Reaction score
I’ve been nonexistent on the forum for several years now. So I’m behind the times.
But I’m restarting a tow rig build I had started a few years ago and it got put on the back burner due to life happening.
I’ve got a pile of new parts on the shelf from when I started the build and I’m in the process of getting back to it.
My question is, is MTW not a thing of this world anymore?

I have a brand new in the box stage 1 that I’m putting on the truck and I’m gonna need tunes to make it play nice with my 155/30s, I was going to call them and ask who they recommended to tune that combo but apparently I’m behind the times and the place doesn’t exist anymore??? :shrug: What did I miss?

6_Riders

Reaction score
I’ve been nonexistent on the forum for several years now. So I’m behind the times.

But I’m restarting a tow rig build I had started a few years ago and it got put on the back burner due to life happening.

I’ve got a pile of new parts on the shelf from when I started the build and I’m in the process of getting back to it.

My question is, is MTW not a thing of this world anymore?

I have a brand new in the box stage 1 that I’m putting on the truck and I’m gonna need tunes to make it play nice with my 155/30s, I was going to call them and ask who they recommended to tune that combo but apparently I’m behind the times and the place doesn’t exist anymore??? :shrug: What did I miss?
The EPA took a few tuners out permanently. There's still some really good tuners left though.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Not sure if Adrian with MTW is still around... i have heard rumor he is still building stuff but has taken himself off the internet.

But you should not need any specific fancy tuning for the turbo. Any custom SCT tune writer should be able to get you taken care of.

6_Riders

Reaction score
Who did the EPA end and who is still around? Curious myself...
The EPA destroyed everyone (as we knew them). One company that comes to mind is bullydog (now owned by sct). A few custom programmers went belly up. The good programmers are still with us, but, simply, don't do "illegal programming" anymore.
Emission compliance is all we get now. If you are ******d, live with the check engine light.... If you don't like that idea, you can get a BPD cooler, run proper coolant and be solid. There's really not anything wrong with the egr system (by design), it just plugs up and leaks (destroying the motor of course), but most of the problems with this system have been identified and are addressable.
Anywho, don't help destroy businesses. Build a good motor and move on.

sootie

Reaction score
The EPA destroyed everyone (as we knew them). One company that comes to mind is bullydog (now owned by sct). A few custom programmers went belly up. The good programmers are still with us, but, simply, don't do "illegal programming" anymore.
Emission compliance is all we get now. If you are ******d, live with the check engine light.... If you don't like that idea, you can get a BPD cooler, run proper coolant and be solid. There's really not anything wrong with the egr system (by design), it just plugs up and leaks (destroying the motor of course), but most of the problems with this system have been identified and are addressable.

You have no clue whatsoever. Please stop spreading misinformation.

harrelljr99

Reaction score

.....he’s coo coo for coa coa puffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Several companies received fines approaching $1 million.

The EPA did state they are in the business of "inducing social change." I'd still believe it but I read it in one of their speeches. Hooray for gov intervention....... Don't forget to get your vaccine...

IDP, GH and Quick Trick are still around that I can think of. You can order direct from their websites.

Latest posts

Members online