Dual fueler installed

NMSVT

Reaction score
So last night I installed a Midwest diesel dual fueler. Wasn’t to bad of an install. I primed the pumps like about 10 times and it fired right up. No leaks. Truck idled fine. Hooked up a trailer because I had to take materials to a job site and first thing I noticed was the truck reving into each gear. Feels like ****! This with new trans tune sent from TD. Probably doing a re-learn. After the shifting like **** problem, I got codes:
P0474 exhaust pressure sensor intermittent
P0087 fuel rail/system too low.
P1247
p054e

Anybody have these issues? I have since inspected the fuel system and cleared codes. No leaks and I drive it again but codes pop up again and reduced power.

Mods:
Truck is a 2013 F250
Midwest diesel comp trans
BD diesel s363 kit
15+ pump
Midwest diesel dual fueler
H&S mini max on Tyrant Diesel tunes

Any help/input appreciate thanks!

NMSVT

Reaction score
They where supposed to. I get a bunch of codes and no power. Tomorrow I’ll call no limit. I need this straightened out ASAP. It sucks driving around like this :doh:

08Monster

Reaction score
They where supposed to. I get a bunch of codes and no power. Tomorrow I’ll call no limit. I need this straightened out ASAP. It sucks driving around like this :doh:
I had issues like this after my dual fueler install as well. Had tunes wrote for it, would throw low fuel pressure codes, say my exhaust filter is over limit, stop now, blah blah blah and give me about 15hp it seemed. Couldn't even get to 50mph.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

NMSVT

Reaction score
I had issues like this after my dual fueler install as well. Had tunes wrote for it, would throw low fuel pressure codes, say my exhaust filter is over limit, stop now, blah blah blah and give me about 15hp it seemed. Couldn't even get to 50mph.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

That sucks! Who tuned it?? Did you get this fixed?

NMSVT

Reaction score

Sorry for late response. I don’t get notifications to my thread replies.

Well the truck still drives like **** lol had been going back and forth with tune revisions for weeks.... not very happy about that at all. I believe my truck was “dialed down“ in order to fix my issues. Truck is a F’in slow poke now :fustrate:

Truck was faster before the damn dual fueler. Heck, first set of tunes truck responded well and noticed power difference. but got codes and would go into reduced power mode. After revisions... truck is total crap.... funny thing about all this my MPG jumped from 14s to 20s??? Odd...

And to top things off... my damn intercooler took a crap. So now I’m thinking of upgrading the intercooler but who will tune my truck properly???

gotchadollar

Reaction score
Give DSTuning.net a try. I’ve had *******, tyrant, and it was never as good as I thought it should be. Plus you can’t ever deal with Cale directly, always have to go through a 3rd party, so the story of what’s wrong can get mixed easily, I Switched to Dark Side calibrations and it has been phenomenal, let alone the customer service is the best. He’s tuned over 20+ trucks for me and it’s been great.

NMSVT

Reaction score
Give DSTuning.net a try. I’ve had *******, tyrant, and it was never as good as I thought it should be. Plus you can’t ever deal with Cale directly, always have to go through a 3rd party, so the story of what’s wrong can get mixed easily, I Switched to Dark Side calibrations and it has been phenomenal, let alone the customer service is the best. He’s tuned over 20+ trucks for me and it’s been great.

Thanks for the recommendation. Do I need a ez-link tuner or do they work with H & S mini max? I really do want to try other tunes I’m just not happy with my current tuning and not being able to speak directly with Cale from TD sucks.

NMSVT

Reaction score
I used proven diesel for my dual fuel, he will tune to suit your driving.

Thanks man I’ll also look into them. Does your tunes for dual fuelers smoke a lot? What other mods are done to your truck?

andrewtac

Reaction score
Thanks man I’ll also look into them. Does your tunes for dual fuelers smoke a lot? What other mods are done to your truck?

It does smoke some when I am in 6th and slow down around 50 and get into it to fast also a WOT from low speed or stationary it will smoke some before the turbo spools. I doesn’t smoke a ton even in those situations, but some and it did not before the dual fuel. I suspect that is a by product of dual fuel. I did have him mess with the tune and it got rid of more of it, but the mpg went down some and I have since gone back to his baseline tune. He could probably get rid of more of it if I had let him keep the shift points up but I wanted them lower when cruising. That all being said he has tweaked it every time I asked and even offered more tweaks when I was happy with it. He was doing it on the weekend and we’ll into the evening. I have a streetmax x, Midwest intake piping, NL intake, NL intercooler, ****** and removal of the extra stuff, 4” exhaust with a muffler and a resonator.

NMSVT

Reaction score
It does smoke some when I am in 6th and slow down around 50 and get into it to fast also a WOT from low speed or stationary it will smoke some before the turbo spools. I doesn’t smoke a ton even in those situations, but some and it did not before the dual fuel. I suspect that is a by product of dual fuel. I did have him mess with the tune and it got rid of more of it, but the mpg went down some and I have since gone back to his baseline tune. He could probably get rid of more of it if I had let him keep the shift points up but I wanted them lower when cruising. That all being said he has tweaked it every time I asked and even offered more tweaks when I was happy with it. He was doing it on the weekend and we’ll into the evening. I have a streetmax x, Midwest intake piping, NL intake, NL intercooler, ****** and removal of the extra stuff, 4” exhaust with a muffler and a resonator.

I need to get in contact with him directly... I just want my truck to run good. It would be much easier to deal with him directly other than going through a 3rd party. Are you on a mini max? I talked to Rudys diesel they told me that EZ-Lynk is the way to go? Something about more "parameters" you can tweak compared to old tech in the mini max...

NMSVT

Reaction score
The list of codes I've been getting recently:
P00BD
P007E CAC air temp sensor intermittent/erratic (was replaced)
P0234 turbo overboost condition
P0269 cylinder 3 contribution/balance
P0281 cylinder 7 contribution/balance
No more fuel related codes.

Recent mods:
NL intercooler. Love it! Old one took a dump so had to replace.
BDS Recoil traction bars. Got a good deal and needed them since day one.

Compression test was performed.
All cylinders where 380 except holes 2&8 where 310.

MAF was caked up. Had it cleaned. Seemed like it ran better but codes again. Power is sometimes there. Going to replace sensor today.

What I've noticed is that under braking boosting, truck does not build boost... It chokes instead and truck starts to rattle and sound like a cammed gas truck. Any thoughts? Input? Positive or negative welcomed!!!

andrewtac

Reaction score
Ez link. I’d call proven, he will probably talk to you and let you know if his tune will fix it.

Latest posts

Members online