Want opinions on a high mileage 7.3 tune up

Strokersace

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback! Guess we need to verify that the up-pipes do or don't leak as bad as I assumed they do. Works out great that I have the downpipe, intake, and TS chip laying around from my truck anyways. I don't love the thought of another IC install...

I do wonder about stage 1s with stock fuel pump, and possibly stock 15° pump. Will have to talk with tuner about it.

I ran stage 1 Hypermax injectors with a stock turbo, stock 15* pump, stock fuel, and an old 4 pos chip (pre DP tuner or Power hungry). Was a great setup. My hpop was weak and couldn’t keep up in the higher tune and would set the cel. Other than that, it ran very well.

My last obs before I sold it was the setup I described except I had e-fuel. Was flawless and my most favorite obs setup.

freddie

Reaction score
My intention is to have a very conservative tow tune, and a stock tune. No races tunes or anything "edgy".. My dad can be hard on his stuff. Would rather not give him the ability to "turn it up" and increase likelihood of damage.

Going for budget-friendly tuneup/slight power increase, but bulletproof.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
This is an excellent setup.
My up pipes and pedestal were both leaking, I wanted E-fuel, 3” plenums, and a factory look.
That created an awful lot of work......
Hockey puck under each cab mount would have worked too. Then obviously a 1" spacer for bed to line everything back up. Been done before. Still looks stock hight and just enough clearance for everything to work hight wise.

live life full throttle

Strokersace

Reaction score
My intention is to have a very conservative tow tune, and a stock tune. No races tunes or anything "edgy".. My dad can be hard on his stuff. Would rather not give him the ability to "turn it up" and increase likelihood of damage.

Going for budget-friendly tuneup/slight power increase, but bulletproof.

We’re talking about a slightly more than stock 7.3 here! Lol

The setup I described will be reliable, budget friendly, and safe with today’s tuning. You’d have to work very hard to hurt things! It’s a mild bump in power, enough to notice, but not over the top. Cheap and effective.

freddie

Reaction score
Well he pulled the up=pipes, not sure if he checked them for leaks first or not lol. So I guess it's getting new Uppipes, free tuning , intake, downpipe, (hopefully a valve body), and injectors