6.4 Gone. 2017 6.7 F350 Platinum In.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Update as of today.

Not really much new but I did just finish this Airlift 5000 Ultimate rear bag setup with their Wireless AIR controller setup. Gives independent control to each bag so you can level out the truck as needed. I'm really liking it so far. It improved ride quality too which is nice.

I'll be towing a local guy down to Rudy's tomorrow who runs 5.90 index with his truck so I'll be putting the kit to good use towing his enclosed trailer down to Piedmont Dragway. Should be a good time!

20181003_175731.jpg
20181003_175826.jpg
20181003_175908.jpg

Jomax

Reaction score
Stop taking over my build thread. It stopped being yours after you stopped updating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
Go buy a real truck homo.

I’m pretty sure the definition of a “real truck” doesn’t include ass coolers, massage seats, and a heated steering wheel for your soft hands.

Black AOD

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure the definition of a “real truck” doesn’t include ass coolers, massage seats, and a heated steering wheel for your soft hands.

No it's something that makes real power unlike that F150

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
Yup, all you got, to have to get down to where I live. Ya got nothing sweetie.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Welp.

I took advantage of Black Friday and ordered all the hard parts to put my truck on a diet. Thanks again to Big R @ No Limit for the good pricing and always good customer service even if I do text him too much and irritate him.

Truck surpassed 30k mileage in about a year of ownership so when the bumper to bumper warranty is gone here in probably another 2 months at 36k mileage, some parts will fall off. Will be pretty simple, will stay stock turbo and fuel for awhile until a better piping kit comes on the market that I like, then I'll be doing an Exergy 10mm and some kind of modded VGT with a piping kit. That will be it for this truck once that's done, Stock motor and stock trans life for this truck. If the trans were to break along down the line, that's the only other mod I can think of that I would do but I'm not planning on that to happen for a long time.

Got some new headlights and fog lights coming as well that will help tie the Paint Match on the front end together and when winter is over I'm going to snag some new wheels (probably 22's) and some kind of 33" or 34" tire as well as this truck needs something other than stock wheels and tires badly.

Last edited:

Black AOD

Reaction score
Exhaust came in today at Firepunk.

Picking up some new 33x12.50r22 Toyo AT2 tires tomorrow.

Some Specialty Forged SF-009 Black/Machined 22x12 wheels will be happening here soon after Christmas/New Year....

All the No Limit Parts should be here next week.

OUO is shipping me some Long Gusset Traction bars here in a few weeks once they get their frame mounts back in stock. Josh @ Diesel Cartel hooked me up with a H&S billet fuel adapter, my Morimoto Fog lights have already arrived, still waiting on my new Morimoto Headlights to ship.

I'll probably buy an EZ-Lynk after the new year as well.

Just playing waiting game for parts right now but after the new year the truck will look a bit different with new PTM headlights and a PTM front end. Should be on a weight loss system by then as well.

The SF wheels wont go until winter is over.

Black AOD

Reaction score
So I need your guy's opinion / input.

I'll be doing "stuff and things" to the truck here in about 2,000 miles and I'm torn right now between doing a small modded drop in VGT (63-66mm) and a 10mm exergy CP4 with a piping kit. Turbo would probably be a Fleece Unit or a Taterbilt unit.

OR

Doing some kind of small-mid sized Non VGT (64-68mm) that utilizes a ball bearing charger, probably a Precision Turbo unit. It also would be fueled by an exergy 10mm CP4.

I've always heard how well the 6.7s spool Non VGT's because these motor and heads flow so much more air than the older PSD motor's did...Pete's old 6.7 with the Elite Non VGT with a PTE 6870 drove so damn good, it's hard not to want a setup similar to that.

H&S single non vgt kit can be made to work with a precision 6466 or 6870. The MPD budget kit's are utilizing precision turbos now and that option should be available in the next month or two is what I'm hearing.

Obviously VGT will spool a bit faster....retains stock parts, drop in is simple and I retain my exhaust brake. I just REALLY hate how VGT's sound.

Non VGT is more reliable, they sound Amazing on 6.7's, power is much better in the mid & high RPM's, they dont dont fall off on the high end like a lot of VGT setups do. Less EBP, better EGT temps, however I sacrifice my EB and some spool.

Biggest catch is cost. The setup I'm looking for with a Non VGT will probably cost me 2500-3000 more than a simple drop in VGT. I tow some, mostly during spring and summer, about 10-15 decent weighted (10-15k usually, maybe once or twice 20k+) loads, but never more than 3-4 hours away max.

I drive my truck every day, I haul some heavy stuff for work in the bed every now and then too.

So blast away your thoughts peeps. Or just call me stupid, that's OK too, I'll take it lol.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online