Remote oil cooler

slc6oh

Reaction score
Anyone running an oil cooler relocate setup? (Ie mpd)

It worth it? Towing in 40* weather and still getting 230* oil has me nervous about summer.

Everything is steep, windey and summer is hot here in utah. Just lookin for ways to keep the 15’ happy for many years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slc6oh

Reaction score
Oh and I already run jims 5/40 unicorn piss

gotchadollar

Reaction score
Ive been looking into this as well for a couple months now, towing my 5th wheel anywhere here in Utah sees 230-250 easily. i know Mike @No limit has one but i think his block is filled.

jimmystoys

Reaction score
Haven't seen many replies on this thread yet, I've been wondering about this too. Easily hit up to 250 when pulling thru the mountains here. How about a finned oil pan? Cheaper addition? But does it do anything?

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Manually shifting will net results you can't pay for.

Drop down to as much as 4th gear manually.

For those of you running 40" tires. You need to regear if you haven't already.

jimmystoys

Reaction score
Ya I'm not sure. I think, just my opinion, when your tuned, loaded, going uphill your temps get high...quickly, obviously. I could gear down but that just increases my engine speed which should increase ability to cool quicker, the trade off is more fuel, means more heat again. It's a vicious circle. I want the load to continuously go uphill at the same speed or quicker. 40"s add to the load which means more cooling req'd again. I want my cake and eat it too. I need 'on demand cooling' abilities, when I want it lol. Ongoing R&D.

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
The trade off of deeper gears will greatly help in your situation. 4.10 or 4.30. 4.10 will put you at just about stock effective ratio If you have 3.55 gears from the factory. If you tow alot go 4.30. Your mileage will come up temps will go down and engine load will come down as well. It's the same reason I get better fuel mileage and my trucks works less when I am towing at 60 mph in 5th gears vs 6th gear. My egts drop 150 degrees, engine load goes down 10 to 12 percent, boost is about 8lbs not 13 or 14.

I too have considered a remote oil cooler. But the highest EOT I have seen was 218 middle of summer fighting wind going 65mph.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
You can see mine behind my grille on the drivers side. It tremendously helped lower temps. An easy 30 degrees. It does take much longer to warm up though.

Attachments

• 50CC2C07-DBA8-4A7C-AA1D-A51B4F1D0E18.jpg
    50CC2C07-DBA8-4A7C-AA1D-A51B4F1D0E18.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 238

gotchadollar

Reaction score
Who’s kit is the one the goes behind the grille? Or is that just where you installed Maryland’s kit?

slc6oh

Reaction score
Is the absolute performance one the one with the tstat?

jimmystoys

Reaction score
You can see mine behind my grille on the drivers side. It tremendously helped lower temps. An easy 30 degrees. It does take much longer to warm up though.

Just thought I'd revive this thread, it is summer and another hot towing season, for me anyways. Anybody have any changes in there setup for cooling? Hey Jacob, your system still working for you? Is there only the one system available? Anyone running anything different, that works? What happens in the winter when you don't need as much cooling?

HPGod

Reaction score
Just thought I'd revive this thread, it is summer and another hot towing season, for me anyways. Anybody have any changes in there setup for cooling? Hey Jacob, your system still working for you? Is there only the one system available? Anyone running anything different, that works? What happens in the winter when you don't need as much cooling?

Try adding NMF. "No more friction". I'm skeptical of any oil additive, but I have seen temp reduction since adding it.
Add 13 ounces to your 6.7, change the oil in 1000 miles. Add it 13 ounces again. Record pre and post temps under similar conditions

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

we have our own kit now, average temps will be 170* cruising , even towing heavy its hard to get over 200* .

http://nolimitfabrication.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=67_73&product_id=663

jimmystoys

Reaction score
Try adding NMF. "No more friction". I'm skeptical of any oil additive, but I have seen temp reduction since adding it.
Add 13 ounces to your 6.7, change the oil in 1000 miles. Add it 13 ounces again. Record pre and post temps under similar conditions

Never heard of it till now. Where do you purchase it? Don't always have access to everything up here lol. Thx

Never heard of it till now. Where do you purchase it? Don't always have access to everything up here lol. Thx HPGod

jimmystoys

Reaction score

HPGod

Reaction score
Never heard of it till now. Where do you purchase it? Don't always have access to everything up here lol. Thx HPGod

I ordered it through Amazon, but it's available at from local shops too.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.