SuperArmor for the Superduty

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Yea, I don't particularly like the step either, but I'd think it's very functional. It's going to be a pain in the backside to fabricate too. meh. I've been thinking about a hanging step...

Yes, the fixture will accept one w/o the wraparounds, but all of the customers like it so that's what I'm building for now.

That's a good question on the spare crank. Good call. I'd forgotten, thanks for the reminder.

sootie

Reaction score
Yea, I don't particularly like the step either, but I'd think it's very functional. It's going to be a pain in the backside to fabricate too. meh. I've been thinking about a hanging step...

Yes, the fixture will accept one w/o the wraparounds, but all of the customers like it so that's what I'm building for now.

That's a good question on the spare crank. Good call. I'd forgotten, thanks for the reminder.

You probably have it covered but you will need an engineers stamp for the approval drawing for that hitch to be rated and legal. Maybe you are an engineer-I cant remember...

Reaction score
Yup, engineer. Ran extensive Finite Element Analysis on it too.

Trick, you're going to stamp that thing with your P.E.? I would take into consideration the liability consequences if so....

On an another note, I like the bumper. I also liked the previous rear bumper design.

Jake

Reaction score
I'm hoping I can pull off a front and rear set for my 15 dually next year

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
My opinion is to ditch the integrated hitch, extended sides and the steps. If you have a market for it how it sits, then hammer down and go for it. Good luck with whatever path you take.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Receiver size is 2.5 as stock.

At the smallest point, the shelf is 2" wide and 3.5" tall. On the corner it's much wider.

Access to the drawbar pin is from the underside above where the safety chains go.

Running final FEA now, but it's way way stronger (last I checked I could hit it with 5x the force of the stock one) than that stock tinfoil pretzel that was twisted up under my truck when it was rearended.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
You probably have it covered but you will need an engineers stamp for the approval drawing for that hitch to be rated and legal. Maybe you are an engineer-I cant remember...

Has to be asme certified. And under law "technically" it will be as specific asme coded certification.

Maybe he has it.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
If any of you are interested, I've got 3 of these bumpers (2 full and 1 stealth) ready to ship and am offering some pretty significant discounts!!

LMK if you are interested in getting one of these. You can reach me by email [email protected]

Attachments

• 20170619_140923_1497896662678_resized (Large).jpg
    20170619_140923_1497896662678_resized (Large).jpg
    488 KB · Views: 89
  • 20170619_140938_1497896653017_resized (Large).jpg
    20170619_140938_1497896653017_resized (Large).jpg
    474.1 KB · Views: 84
Reaction score
I was just thinking of you last weekend when, like an idiot, backed into a tree on my property. Did you ever get around to making the rear bumpers? These stock ones really suck. And I guess i should learn to use my mirrors.

ToMang07

Reaction score
I was just thinking of you last weekend when, like an idiot, backed into a tree on my property. Did you ever get around to making the rear bumpers? These stock ones really suck. And I guess i should learn to use my mirrors.
Yeah, you can literally lean into them and bounce them off the fenders. I got rid of mine as fast as possible.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online