Pro Stock Powerstroke Mustang

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
When I get the thing back together I will be loading the motor up and putting it on the engine dyno. To see where we are power wise and check all the settings before we put it in the car. Expecting awesome things in 2018! My goal is a new prostock record at NHRDA and first diesel door car to 200mph. I think we have the car to do it, I just have to get everything just perfect and it will go.

Considering our last few track outings I have been suspecting our shocks our blown out. During tear down I pulled them and my suspicions were confirmed. The compression on the front struts and rear coils was blown. We will be running chassis stabilizers next year during transport. I think the Mississippi roads did them in.

24176923_10210373523321481_1482521423746716112_n.jpg

mandkole

Reaction score
yeah, the most beating race cars take is in the trailer... we had bladders under all of the tube frame cars.

The mustang has the goods to get it done next year.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Talk to Drew @ D&J at PRI. He will be there...may be worth the talk for piston ideas

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
heading to PRI show today. Dropping off the block with Drew at D&J precision machine, p pump and injectors are getting dropped off with Dan Scheid to get checked out. And taking pistons to Mahle booth to see what they say.

24312667_10210409465220006_1255386376711944488_n.jpg

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
We dropped the block off with D&J precision machine to fix the block and make us some pistons. Going with his foraged steel ring pistons. Very hard choice I had to make while at the show.

Pump and injectors are with Dan Scheid to get checked out and tuned. When I get it back together we are going to see Dan and dial in our set up on the dyno.

psduser1

Reaction score
Allstate! Good hands people, lol.
I hope to see you do well. It's way more fuel than this platform was ever designed to see, so if nothing else, you are defining the actual limits of the hard parts!
Is there any room for timing adjustments?

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
Doing a lot of work to the internals of the injection put to increase reliability. Runaways are a lot more dangerous in drag racing and dan was concerned about failures inside the pump during the run. So we are micro blurring all moving parts and rebuilding the governor weights to make the thing run smooth and not surge.

We are also getting new nozzles made up run a tighter spray pattern. Dan thinks there is more power to me made with this change. Super excited to get it on the dyno.

PDT1081

Reaction score
Doing a lot of work to the internals of the injection put to increase reliability. Runaways are a lot more dangerous in drag racing and dan was concerned about failures inside the pump during the run. So we are micro blurring all moving parts and rebuilding the governor weights to make the thing run smooth and not surge.

We are also getting new nozzles made up run a tighter spray pattern. Dan thinks there is more power to me made with this change. Super excited to get it on the dyno.

Going to add a guillotine? Or just carry a shop manual and hope you can get to it fast enough? Or is shutting off the fuel supply to the pump enough?

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
Going to add a guillotine? Or just carry a shop manual and hope you can get to it fast enough? Or is shutting off the fuel supply to the pump enough?

We already have a butterfly air shut off with cables in cab and behind the car. And will be adding a fuel supply shut off. The issue isn't getting the motor shut down. Its the fact that I will probably be going close if not faster than 200mph when it happens and I cant shift into neutral when under power. So I have to get the motor shut down or I will keep going faster and faster. Very dangerous sport at this level.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.