Gear head 8k tow tune

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Was the TSD tow tune able to tow heavy. My toyhauler loaded is close to 16k
Yeah, it didn't have any problem doing it. Mine is a 38ft weekend warrior, I believe gross sticker for whatever thats worth is 15, I haven't actually weighed it yet.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I had no issues with it. Only issue i had was after trans replacement. It still ran really well, just the shifting was so hard it was almost unbearable. Had the same thing with the spd unloaded, they just shift too hard on a built tranny. If it wasnt for that, i would still run them.

Short Bus

Reaction score
Anybody have experience with tyrant tunes. I have been trying to find info on them like hp ratings but can't seem to find anything

I run tyrants tunes on my 03 450. I run his street tune with tow shift points and tow haul OD lock out. I pull my 5th wheel on the harvest run from texas to montana with no problems unless the radiator is packed full of straw and chaff then i get to pull over and blow the radiator out :doh:. Dont know what my egt's are, dont really run it that hard. all i have to do is stay out in front of the over sized stuff so i dont need/ have to set the cruise on 75...

Ive also ran ********s unlimited and 8k tow. Not enough power for me, but the shifting is good.

Hottrod81

Reaction score
Index this has turned kind of into a tow tune thread, does anybody have any experience with PHP. The only thing holding me back from ******** is the lack of any additional power with the unlimited.