Project Second Strike-----my REDEMPTION build

Strokersace

Reaction score
They aren't terrible. I installed a set on an 04 cc this past spring and I was pleased with the fit and finish. Matched the 99-07 perfectly. I'm going to order another 2 sets for my 08 and my Dad's 10. I got them through Summit Racing.

107stroker

Reaction score
Ok people its time for new wheels. Ive narrowed it to the Fuel Maverick black and milled or the Ballistic Razorback. Cant decide on width/offset. I want the wheel to finish flush with the fender of the truck above the wheel or maybe out a half an inch at most. That way just the bulge of the sidewall is hanging out or a little tread. Will the 20x10 w -12 put me where i want to be or do I need the 20x9 and I think they are a 0 offset. Ive found a few pics online but no good shots of how far the stuff hangs out. Thanks in advance and any pics will be appreciated.

107stroker

Reaction score
Here are the wheels. What yall think?

Attachments

• Ballistic Razorback.jpg
    Ballistic Razorback.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 89
  • MAVERICK_20X10_GLOSS_BLK_A1_500.jpg
    MAVERICK_20X10_GLOSS_BLK_A1_500.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 84

107stroker

Reaction score
Heck I may even like a wide wheel tucked under the truck but all of the wide wheels are offset for the lifted trucks. Talked to a company about making some one offs and he hit me around $4500. I almost passed out. But he said no one would have the same wheels....lol

sootie

Reaction score
mavericks look nicer and a 20 x 9 0 offset will put the tire flush with the fender. 10 wide -12 offset will stick it out about an inch.

107stroker

Reaction score
I bought a BD tap shifter and got it installed this afternoon. Really nice kit they put together. Install went smooth and now I can shift as I see fit. It has a seven pre programmed shifting options which is pretty cool. So while I was under the truck doing the wiring I seen the tail shaft seal leaking so I guess thats whats on for tomorrow afternoon. Either paint or wheels are next. More to come. :popcorn:

107stroker

Reaction score
What color are you going going with? Or are you sticking with white?

I haven't fully decided yet. If not white it will be some shade of silver. Not a dark grey or a bright silver something in the middle w plenty of pearl/flake in it.

107stroker

Reaction score
trans time

Prob gonna do a trans rebuild or upgrade to new. Can I buy what is needed to build a solid trans because i have a great trans shop in town. I just want the good stuff the first round. Or will I be ahead to buy one already done. and where to get the parts or the whole trans. Let me know what yall think.:swordfight:

sootie

Reaction score
Call Jared at Midwest Diesel ...they make a mean trans.

107stroker

Reaction score
Call Jared at Midwest Diesel ...they make a mean trans.
I'll give him a shout and see what he suggests. I'm a dealer for a few diesel supply houses but I really want a great product and tech help if needed.

107stroker

Reaction score
How hard is the 5r110 to swap? Just ordered a rebuilt one w billet goodies and converter from precision. Do I install myself or pay the local guy?

sootie

Reaction score
How hard is the 5r110 to swap? Just ordered a rebuilt one w billet goodies and converter from precision. Do I install myself or pay the local guy?

not that hard. took me 4 hrs my first time.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
They arent real hard at all. Depending on how youre doing it, i agree with c2tuck. If you have access to a lift, i would say if hes charging you anything over 100-150, id do it myself. If youre doimg it on your back in your driveway, that number would probably double. I think the hardest part about on your back in the driveway is getting the trans out from under the truck, and the new one back in.

107stroker

Reaction score
The local trans shop said4-500 to do the swap. I do have a lift and can get my hands on a trans jack. From what I have see it looks like getting the converter in place and bolted is the hardest part. Do i put fluid in the converter first? Thanks for the replies.

Latest posts

Members online