35" tire review

marserdesigns

Reaction score
I've been searching and searching but can't find any solid feedback on tire reviews.

I'm wanting to go with a 35x12.50x17 but I'm struggling to make a decision.

I have a decently heavy foot and I tow a 15k toy hauler once a month. I want a tire that's going to last. The factory 20" Toyo's that came on my truck are projecting to last 25k miles. I had Toyo MTs on my old F150 that lasted quite a while...but I have a much heavier truck now. I don't mind the Toyo ATs that came factory, I just don't want to buy tires once a year.

I'm open to any reputable tire brand.

And recommendations???
8417124977c4832e97f8f7d69560da85.jpg

DIESELDECK

Reaction score
If I had 17"s I would go with the BFG all terrain T/A's. Had them on my 08 SD and loved em. I have some bullsh!t mud grip rockstar brand 35x12.50x20's now. they are decent in mud but they dig a bit in the sand. When I need new tires I will be getting rid of my 20's and going with 17 or 18's and some more BFG A/T's. Never been a fan of the bigger rims anyway.

cbf9703

Reaction score
I've been searching and searching but can't find any solid feedback on tire reviews.

I'm wanting to go with a 35x12.50x17 but I'm struggling to make a decision.

I have a decently heavy foot and I tow a 15k toy hauler once a month. I want a tire that's going to last. The factory 20" Toyo's that came on my truck are projecting to last 25k miles. I had Toyo MTs on my old F150 that lasted quite a while...but I have a much heavier truck now. I don't mind the Toyo ATs that came factory, I just don't want to buy tires once a year.

I'm open to any reputable tire brand.

And recommendations???
8417124977c4832e97f8f7d69560da85.jpg

Why 35x12.5x17?

I've been running 35x12.5x18 and 325/65r18s for the last 4-5 years on my excursion. Towed a 10k toy hauler, boat on occasion, and a livestock trailer.

I was happy with the old ATZs, much more so than BFG all terrains... They went to 1/4 tread fast and then stayed forever- I got sick of looking at them. My last set was Cooper Discoverer STTs (they replaced them with the STT pros). I loved the tire, but I went less aggressive this time because my current commute is 80+/day and I could get the AT3s reasonable with a 55k mileage warranty. I've got about a thousand miles on them now and like them so far with the exception of aesthetics on my truck lol.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

marserdesigns

Reaction score
Why 35x12.5x17?

I've been running 35x12.5x18 and 325/65r18s for the last 4-5 years on my excursion. Towed a 10k toy hauler, boat on occasion, and a livestock trailer.

I was happy with the old ATZs, much more so than BFG all terrains... They went to 1/4 tread fast and then stayed forever- I got sick of looking at them. My last set was Cooper Discoverer STTs (they replaced them with the STT pros). I loved the tire, but I went less aggressive this time because my current commute is 80+/day and I could get the AT3s reasonable with a 55k mileage warranty. I've got about a thousand miles on them now and like them so far with the exception of aesthetics on my truck lol.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm not opposed to a 18" wheel, I just like the look of lots of sidewall.

marserdesigns

Reaction score
I had the Toyo AT/2 on my 2011 and got 61k out of them.
Now i have the M/T and ill think they'll go about 55k

I've read this same thing about the AT/2 tires....I don't know how you guys do it! I'll seriously be lucky to get 25-27k miles out of mine.

PasoF450

Reaction score
I roll alot of tires for our fleet, hands down the Nitto Ridge Grappler is the best new tire out there. It's a hybrid AT/MT tire. No howl at all, thats what makes them great. We currently have them on 3 trucks.

I run the 35x12.5x17 on the F450.

The picture is of them on the F150.

Attachments

• F150 Ridge Graps.JPG
    F150 Ridge Graps.JPG
    905.3 KB · Views: 217

JRLott

Reaction score
Heavy foot for certain...I've been fairly hard on my Toyo AT2s and they have 27k on them now at about half tread. I'm figuring 40k+. Possibly 50k. I'm looking at Coopers for my next set, mostly because they are quality and not as expensive as the Toyo or Nitto. I'm think you'd be well served with any, but none will work magic and stand up to a heavy foot on a heavy truck with this kind of torque. Ease up on the throttle a bit if you want them to last. If the throttle is that important, expect to buy tires every year.

06-sixoh

Reaction score
I roll alot of tires for our fleet, hands down the Nitto Ridge Grappler is the best new tire out there. It's a hybrid AT/MT tire. No howl at all, thats what makes them great. We currently have them on 3 trucks.

I run the 35x12.5x17 on the F450.

The picture is of them on the F150.

How are these in the snow? Snow is really the only terrain I care too much about.

OP, I have 22k on my factory given Toyo's, and rotated every 5k miles, I have not seen a single issue. As a matter of fact, I'm willing to bet they are only half worn. They do terrible in the snow, but otherwise, have been a very nice highway tire. Loaded and unloaded.

greyford1979

Reaction score
If you look at Coopers, also give the ST MAXX a look, they are a little more aggressive than the AT3s though. My brother and I have been running them with great luck, both of us love how they look and how they have performed. They have been great even in snow. I had Cooper ATPs prior which are very similar to the AT3s and liked them as well, the ATPs are just exclusive to Discount Tire. Mine in the pic are a 295/70R18. It says they are 34 inch on the sidewall, but are more like 34.5 inches and have plenty of sidewall even when we air down in the dunes, 15psi in the fronts and 12 psi in the rears. Although I think when I need tires again I'm gonna with the 35s like my brother. When I had my Ram I had some Nitto Tera Grapplers. I hated them, lasted me less than 2 years with regular rotations on an E rated tire. I see lots of people like them, maybe they've come a ways then when I had my Ram.
IMG_20161015_153636551_HDR_zpsmbogls5g.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.