Garage opener

torque beast

Reaction score
Does anyone else have issues with their home link opening gate or garage door? I have to be right up on the gate to get it to open. My ram would open 100’ away and handheld remote will open 200’ away. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ToddP

Reaction score
Mine is hit or miss. Sometimes it will open it from a distance other times I have to be right beside it.

SDER1

Reaction score
I have tried several instances if programming it per the Ford manual and replacement of batteries; still it has not worked yet.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

torque beast

Reaction score
I have tried home link and no luck even talking to someone there either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

torque beast

Reaction score
Anyone ever find a solution for this? Any way to make these transmit farther?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

drh4250

Reaction score
I don't know if this applies here but, I installed a new Chamberlain garage door opener the other day and it had a sticker that said LED or CFL lights may affect the range of the opener. Not 100% which style of light it mentioned.

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Is it within range of WiFi? Put a smart switch and a relay on it or a WiFi relay and you can open it from anywhere with cell service.

Truthfully, it might have to do with the factory tinted bar in the top of the windshield. Hold the handheld up against the headliner and see if the range on that is reduced too.

torque beast

Reaction score
No WiFi, I have tested all handheld remotes as well as other vehicles. I have bent the antenna in different shapes and lengths. I can open it from several hundred feet down the road with everything except my F250 which has to have the bumper damn near touching the gate to open and sometimes it won’t even do that and I have to dig the remote out of the console. I like my truck but this crap has me really looking to get something different while I can still get a good price for it. I realize ever manufacturer has issues but this is ridiculous for an 80k truck

Reaction score
Older thread, but did you try the using the learn button on the opener itself? The rolling codes can cause similar issues to this, sometimes only opens every third time. Try pressing it 3 times from a distance, see if one hits?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

torque beast

Reaction score
Tried everything but had to be right at the gate before it would open. Truck is gone now anyway

Sixfoh

Reaction score
When it comes to pushing the button have you given different sequences or duration a shot? Not sure if your button are still on the visor, but you mentioned it was battery operated? Remove the visor from the truck and test it independently to rule out interference. Perhaps the buttons arent making a good contact, have you taken it apart? Go through all the stupidideas before trading the truck in. Weird stuff happens and we dont live in a perfect world.

torque beast

Reaction score
Truck is already gone as it had other issues besides the opener. I have one that works now

Latest posts

Members online