parasitic draw??

97cherokee

Reaction score
hey guys, so my new too me 14 f250 keeps killing the batteries if its sits for 2 days... at first I figured bad batteries so I put new ones in and it did it again. I have checked the battery voltage while running via my tuner and it is at 14.2 v so alternator seems too be charging good. I also used an ammeter on the ground side of both batteries and after everything went too sleep the draw seemed very low. I dont remember as it's been a few weeks.

I can check again and if anyone has further input for troubleshooting thatd be great! thanks!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Anything on your dash or in the cluster staying on that you dont know? Is there an aftermarket relote start on it?

live life full throttle

97cherokee

Reaction score
nothing staying on that I'm aware of and the only aftermarket wiring that I'm aware of is the amp.

measured currentvdraw and it is around .9amps.

pulled all of the smaller fuses under the hood and out of the passenger fuse panel and no change. couldn't get the rectangle fuses out with regular pliers. so I still gotta pull those.

97cherokee

Reaction score
well yesterday a buddy and I did another parasitic draw. put the meter inline on the ground side and after everything went too sleep had a 200 mili amp draw. pulled every single fuse and relay, disconnected alternator, powers too junction boxes and never went away . took the standard batteries out when I got home and put my Optima back in, let it sit over night and it fired right up this morning... I believe when the truck sat for a few days with the new batteries it ran them down and caused a bad cell in one or both.

Latest posts

Members online