Boost Gauge Pickup

01platinum

Reaction score
Got a good deal on a AFE Turbo Spyder to replace the stock one on the truck. I am going to remove the boost fooler that is on the truck now since I don't need it and I am wondering where the best spot would be to tap into to get my boost readings. On the afe there are 4 plugs that can be removed but they are on each side going into the intake manifolds so I didn't think that would be a good place since I will only be reading one side.

I have done the IH delete and have been looking for the plug with the threaded hole for the boost gauge but no luck. I am replacing the stock plenums with the ones from WOP. So since I have to pretty much remove everything in the valley I would like to clean this up since it will be removed. Won't get started till next week so I have some time to pick things up if I need to.

01Platinum's Command Center

01platinum

Reaction score
Bump since I know there are guys with a boost gauge piped in some where else.

Reaction score
use the plug thats on the same side the passenger IC pipe goes into..should be about the same place the AIH would be on a stock Spyder..that will give the reading right where it splits going to each head...you also still need that boost fooler...

Last edited:

01platinum

Reaction score
Do you know where to get a plug that has the fitting for the boost gauge to plug into?

Reaction score
i thought it came with fitting but maybe not..i dont know the size of the fittings.. but if it was me,i would take the fitting out of the Spyder and grab the fitting for the gauge and head to a parts store...im sure they can help you out..

neverkickn

Reaction score
Just get an autometer gauge install kit at your local auto parts store. It will probablly have a bunch of various fittings including a 1/8" npt compression fitting that you can use to tie your boost gauge line into the maniflod. Assuming that the manifoled is tapped for 1/8"

TyCorr

Reaction score
A brass npt freeze plug would thread into the hole that the AIH was. Then you take your same drill bit, same tap that you used to install your pyrometer probe and drill/tap the brass plug. Put a 1/8npt fitting in the new hole you tapped and hook up your boost reference line going to the gauge.

Or you could tap the compressor housing and put the fittin right in there....

Reaction score
looks to be about the same size hole as a stocker..if it is, it will be a 22MM X 1/2 thread, it can be drilled with the R drill bit that was left from your pyro install and tapped with the 1/8" NPT tap that came from same install..i think this was the same as an oil plug for the cumaparts..you will also need a crush washer or an oring to help seal the plug..this is how i did mine and it cost under 8 bucks..

Latest posts

Members online