MiniMaxx Issues

stevens6.7

Reaction score
I've had this issue before and it's happened twice in a weeks time, my MM will just making my gauges go out of whack making the traction light come on and off even while doing 70 down the freeway. I would unplug it then plug it back in and would still be messed up. I did that 2 or 3 times and finally stopped acting strange. Any thoughts?

sootie

Reaction score
Are you running an obd splitter or amp steps powered thru the obd port?

stevens6.7

Reaction score
Happened again this morning after the truck sat all night. I always run it on performance tune, so I switched it to street and all seemed fine, but when I left the gym it did the same thing so I had to unplug it. I just got new batteries from the dealership on Saturday, could this be part of the issue?

Another thing to note, is it seems to be having connectivity issues as I would constantly unplug and plug the tuner back in as I was afraid it would be stolen from the truck if someone broke in.

stevens6.7

Reaction score
The new cable did not fix any issues. I have to push up where the tuner and cord meet for the tuner to turn on and I'm still getting issues with my gauges going haywire. I guess it's time for a new device?

sootie

Reaction score
If that's the case could you break the sonic welds and get inside to resolder the weak connection? You have nothing to lose at this point

stevens6.7

Reaction score
If that's the case could you break the sonic welds and get inside to resolder the weak connection? You have nothing to lose at this point

Thanks Sootie, I'll look into that. I believe I've asked this before but I'll be fine running the truck without the tuner correct?

sootie

Reaction score
I believe it reverts to the "stock" power level but no harm running it without the head unit in

stevens6.7

Reaction score
So I ordered a new tuner from Mike, once I get the new device, I assume I need to re-upload the tunes from the new tuner? I shouldn't have to return the truck to stock since I'm using the same tuner/company right?

sootie

Reaction score
So I ordered a new tuner from Mike, once I get the new device, I assume I need to re-upload the tunes from the new tuner? I shouldn't have to return the truck to stock since I'm using the same tuner/company right?

if you bought an H&S, just download the tune from the new tuner. It will overwrite whatever is there. No need to return to stock.

Latest posts

Members online