Swamp's 7.3 Cam and Head Porting info: Great Read!

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
For all of you that is interested in performance from your 7.3, take some time and read through the blogs that Jon has written about Swamp's cam profiles and head porting. He goes into great detail on the injectors and turbos used during testing. There is some great and promising information for the 7.3 world! I'm excited to say the least

http://swampsblog.swampsdiesel.com/

Last edited:

JMart

Reaction score
DAMN! I clicked on this hoping it was the CR7.3 going in the race truck.

Reaction score
I'm glad someone is finally testing some cam profiles and head porting on an engine dyno. There has to be improvements that can be made to the cam, but without data to show the cam does it's job, we just kinda have to hope it does the job. I'm not one to drop my money and hope that I get something... I've wanted to try one of Matt's cams, but there just isn't enough data to tell me that it's worth buying and spending the time to install it.

Gearhead

Reaction score
I would like to see the head flow numbers vs lift. This is critical to cam selection. Cams 1 and 4 look very familiar.

Last edited:

Charles

Reaction score
I've been in a few race shops, and I can say that the Test cell they have at Swamps is exceptional. Every piece of data you could ever want, right down to live streaming video of the smoke stack on the roof of the building during a pull for visual smoke feedback.

If the answer is there, that test cell is going to see it. I've already changed some of my own plans based on development they have made there.

Jon, show everyone a picture of your test cell. I would have taken some myself if not for fear of sending you into another "freak out" on me...

It really is top-notch. Those boys are the pinnacle of 7.3 R&D, and probably closing in on some of the top diesel shops in the country, of any make, in terms of facility capability.

I wasn't aware of the blog, but that is cool, and in reality exactly as Jon has always been, and the very thing that initially drew me to them in the first place back in 1949, or whenever it was....... ACTUAL information, as opposed to a bunch of he-hawing bs...

Nice to see the tradition continue at a much, much higher level. Good on you Jon, and all the guys putting those combinations together in the engine room, on the head flowbench and the metalworking bay where the burrs meet the ports too.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online