Clutch for 250/200 and S366SXE

trevdalocal

Reaction score
The South Bend "Stage 0" in my truck isn't putting holding out when I get into it, big surprise haha. Need a recommendation for a clutch. Truck is a daily driver, will be doing some towing, and occasionally some shenanigans on the street, but no organized racing/pulling. I hear a dual disc is harder on the synchros and slower to shift, so I was focusing on singles.

Right now I'm considering the South Bend 1944-5OFER Organic/Feramic, or the Valair NMU70263-06-SFC, Ceramic/Kevlar. Any pros or cons to either? As I understand it, both are dual friction in an attempt to maintain smooth engagement. Seems like the ceramic/kevlar might take a little more heat than the organic/feramic, but be a little harsher?

Zeb

Reaction score
Good luck getting a single to hold. I’ve never had a single hold anywhere close to what they were advertised to hold.

I have a a ceramic/ceramic 13” single disc, with a 3,600 lb pressure plate in my OBS with 238/80’s and a modified stock turbo.

I can slip it a little in 4th and 5th gear.

They claimed it’d hold 500 hp......

Dual disc from Ky Clutch with ceramic/Kevlar and a 3,200 lb pressure plate has been my go to for up to 238/80’s and 250/200’s and a 66mm turbo.

superpsd

Reaction score
Went with the Valair Ceramic single. Has held up well. Is a very grabby clutch. Not much slip especially when new.

trevdalocal

Reaction score
If I'm going to tow, the ceramic would probably suck huh. Valair says not for towing, so I'm guessing it's just too grabby. My clutch now has some oil on it and it shudders like mad, feel like my dashboard is about to fall off.

dsberman94

Reaction score
I know a guy that tows occasionally with a ceramic clutch in a 7.3. He does it but I guess it’s just a lot of slip needed.

Latest posts

Members online