What have you done to your powerstroke today?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I broke 2 radiators in 60k. Both times were after a trip down the same roads and trails in South Texas. I have since replaced the cab mounts with daystar Kevlar, and this radiator is at 50k with no issues. Truck handles better as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
6.7 or 6.4? I thought the 6.4s where the only ones with cab mount issues? I thought ford upgraded the 6.7s due to that issue. But i dont know for sure.. my oem lasted 80k then this last mishi lasted like 26 or 28k...

live life full throttle

Justinlw

Reaction score
6.7 or 6.4? I thought the 6.4s where the only ones with cab mount issues? I thought ford upgraded the 6.7s due to that issue. But i dont know for sure.. my oem lasted 80k then this last mishi lasted like 26 or 28k...

live life full throttle

6.4 in the one described. I also have a 6.7 with 85k, and the OEM cab mounts are looking about like the 6.4’s did.

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Grey ford what kit did you use. I am thinking about raptor liner.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

greyford1979

Reaction score
Grey ford what kit did you use. I am thinking about raptor liner.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I used the RaptorLiner kit, bought it off Amazon. I just wish I would've bought an extra liter or 2 for a thicker layer on the bottom. I used every bit to spray my shortbed and the tailgate. Just watch out for the kit with the Custom Coat spray gun. The trigger kept jamming up on me and didn't want to spray. Worst thing is just the prep. Now just gotta see how it holds up.

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Held up pretty good for original front pads

And polished the aluminum on the rims.
8ccb15c750bf2ec50713ef00084a70e8.jpg

live life full throttle
b99b27e1a1830e03c16fe59d54f97148.jpg

Last edited:

dsberman94

Reaction score
Finally brought it home. Got all the old engine parts out of the bed and cleaned out all the oil. Worst part about being on a frac location is nothing can leak. And of course I’ve got a slow oil leak on the engine. Hopefully it’s just the ccv.

C2tuck

Reaction score
On our locations if it’s under a 5 gal spill it doesn’t have to be reported...funny how there’s never a spill larger than 5 gal. Lol

dsberman94

Reaction score
Same with us. But it’s my job to clean stuff like that and I’m the one causing one. Once a day I walk around with a pointed shovel and bucket cleaning up small oil spots from the trucks. Just keeps DEP from looking for bigger things when they make a surprise visit.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Same with us. But it’s my job to clean stuff like that and I’m the one causing one. Once a day I walk around with a pointed shovel and bucket cleaning up small oil spots from the trucks. Just keeps DEP from looking for bigger things when they make a surprise visit.
So you are the cleanup lady...

live life full throttle

dsberman94

Reaction score
So you are the cleanup lady...

live life full throttle

Just general labor. Don’t have one set specific job. Just anything that needs to be done or help anyone that needs help. Run equipment, unload trucks and that sort of stuff. I have a set of 3-4 tanks depending on the time of year that I need to keep full for the wireline and another tank I need to keep empty. Past couple days I’ve just been working on my truck fine tuning things ordering parts I need and installed my new to me KR tailgate. Watch tv and movies in the truck for most of the day. And do paperwork.

C2tuck

Reaction score
That’s all I do...lol. Watch about 11.5hrs a day of Netflix and order **** off amazon in between...

It’s a tough job, but somebody has to do it...

dsberman94

Reaction score
Yeah there’s a reason I have Netflix, amazon prime video, and direct tv on my phone. I frequently have to stop myself from buying stuff. Only ever got 10+ hours of movies in during a snow shutdown. Got on location, started my site truck and it ran all night with me laying back in the seat with the heat on. Minimal light towers on and is drive around every hour and make sure the lights on the heaters were still on.

Jomax

Reaction score
That’s all I do...lol. Watch about 11.5hrs a day of Netflix and order **** off amazon in between...

It’s a tough job, but somebody has to do it...

Keep watching Netflix, you indirectly give the company I work for money lol.

But 11.5 hrs. That’s how much down time you have?

C2tuck

Reaction score

Yep. I get paid very well to babysit a crane. Right now been doing a coil job for the last 4 days. Been in the crane for maybe 5 minutes in the last three days...

It’s boring as hell but someone’s got to do it right??

Actually get tired of watching Netflix.

C2tuck

Reaction score

And as much as I watch I should be getting some sort of kickback there Jomax...lol