Maryland cold side pipe

trugertha

Reaction score
Just put this replacement on there but there's no where to put the sensor that came out of the stock pipe? What's everyone doing with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trugertha

Reaction score
Should be embarrassed about sending something with these welds out the door.
cf02d08fc7f41333b22e4e887f8c4ba8.jpg

trugertha

Reaction score
No reply on the weekend. Not even worth the conversation. I ordered $700 worth of stuff from them. Didn't come with any instructions or anything. Not pleased at all

jcain

Reaction score

I could be wrong but the internal weld is for strength and transition only as there is also a weld on the outer slip as well?

Reaction score
No reply on the weekend. Not even worth the conversation. I ordered $700 worth of stuff from them. Didn't come with any instructions or anything. Not pleased at all

Instructions? Nothing comes with instructions I promise you that. This is a new item that they barely have made, you can't expect to have everything baby fed to you.

Also it's Sunday, no shop is open on Sunday. Everyone knows that.

What's wrong with them?

Trust me you haven't seen bad welding until you've
actually seen it. I've ordered thousands and thousands of dollars of parts from maryland and only had one item fail due to my wrong installation.
This is also a new item you can't expect instructions on everything, hardly any custom pieces come with instructions these days

.Also it's Sunday you can't expect them to be open on Sunday!!

I'm not trying to bash you, I'm telling you don't freak out and post thing to scare others away.

Last edited:

trugertha

Reaction score
Your guys are missing the point. This item doesn't even do what's advertised. All of h&s stuff comes with instructions.

trugertha

Reaction score
I have friends that do ndt and say those are **** welds. I already said they were closed on the weekends. You guys are quick to jump all over me with out seeing the point of this thread

kampy

Reaction score
What's wrong with them?

Trust me you haven't seen bad welding until you've
actually seen it. I've ordered thousands and thousands of dollars of parts from maryland and only had one item fail due to my wrong installation.
This is also a new item you can't expect instructions on everything, hardly any custom pieces come with instructions these days

.Also it's Sunday you can't expect them to be open on Sunday!!

I'm not trying to bash you, I'm telling you don't freak out and post thing to scare others away.

No dog in this fight...but...
Thats not great welding, I don't think its welded on the inside, looks like it was too hot on half the outside pass and not hot enough on the other half. just my .02 and I inspect welds on a regular basis. That said, I'm sure its fully functional. Could have been done better or at least dressed up a little.

Justifying poor quality because you spent a lot of money with a vendor really doesn't hold much weight, just sayin'.

Why shouldn't a person be able to expect instructions on a part he buys? this is not directed at MPD, it's out there for all vendors, you guys spend multiple hours and/or days prototyping parts, fabricating, adjusting and finalizing designs for fit and finish but won't spend 15 minutes typing up a set of instructions? Not every one is a mechanic and many could use a little guidance. It would certainly cut down on the phone calls, emails and forum posts like this that they end up and have to respond to. If you bought a TV for a couple hundred bucks and it didn't come with instructions you'd be unhappy, why should this or anything else be any different? If it doesn't self install it should have at least rudimentary instructions.

Bobby@MPD

Reaction score
Sorry you feel embarrassed, no grown man should feel that way. Sorry we did not weld on the inside of the pipe, Sorry there are no instructions. Its a pretty simple install.

Step 1. unplug sensor
Step 2. loosen stock clamps
Step 3. Remove stock pipe
Step 4. Install new pipe
Step 5. Tighten clamps
Step 6. plug sensor back into connector ( we do not run the stock IAT in the pipe)

And to respond to your buddies comment of us still using the stock elbow, we upgraded the part that blows out.

Also onto the issue of your no-limit intake.....if the support doesn't match up exactly, you can bend the metal to make it fit.

Each and every single one of these trucks are different....We had the same turbo kit not fit 3 different trucks, We then noticed that on the cab mounts there is almost 1" of play in either direction on the bolt hole....We had issues with the CAC pipe hitting the cab, so we had to shift the cab.....We also had issues with our intake piping hitting the dual fuelers, again we had to shift the cab

Yes you bought a part to fit your year and model truck but not everything lines up perfectly.

and also I have never purchased a TV and looked for the instructions

trugertha

Reaction score
This pipe is no where near long enough to replace the stock piping. You have to use the stock pipe that goes on the butterfly valve. It also blows up you know that. Sorry this is not a quality part. Everyone's kits use the stock sensor except yours. O and mike got back to me right away on the cai. Fits perfect.

trugertha

Reaction score
And that's a **** weld man. That wouldn't even pass visual inspection.