how bad will I hate my truck if I go from maxpowers to 475 single?

Jonnydime

Reaction score
I had the Vgt side of Elites adapter machined flat then made a vband flange adapter that brought the HP turbo up and forward to clear the valve cover and cowl. I had to grind a small amount off the bottom of the turbo for clearance. I will post some pics later.

78f100

Reaction score
Update. I put a insanity 71 vgt in front of my 82 for now. Its doing good and seems to be quite a bit stronger. I was gonna try to get away from vgt but Will from Rudys hooked me up with a deal I couldn't pass up. So for now the truck is back up, still planning to build the reg cab when time allows. Not sure if I will put these turbos on it or not as of yet. I forsure need to swap convertors back out now as this one is too tight for the 71. Its been raining here since I did the swap so no real hard pulls yet, when the 71 lights traction is non existant...lol.

78f100

Reaction score
how much longer does it take the 71 to light? Is it pretty laggy?
It is fairly laggy. Its been really nasty here so I haven't had much time to test it out. I do know I can't spool it off the line with the convertor I have. I hope I get time to swap convertors over the holidays. Soon as I get that done I will let you know how it acts.
damn that's a bad ass setup!
I think its gonna be fun. Last night on the interstate I stood on it at 80 it instantly lost traction on the wet rd.

ncollins64

Reaction score
Glad it's running. I was wondering how the 71 would act. I'm gonna be running a 72/118 and was told it drove nice like max powers with the correct stall. And I'm running a 2200 stall with morgans comp trans so I guess we'll see in the spring hopefully.

RSK

Reaction score
It is fairly laggy. Its been really nasty here so I haven't had much time to test it out. I do know I can't spool it off the line with the convertor I have. I hope I get time to swap convertors over the holidays. Soon as I get that done I will let you know how it acts.

I think its gonna be fun. Last night on the interstate I stood on it at 80 it instantly lost traction on the wet rd.

How is that adapter is it a custom piece? Sounds like a solid comp setup.

78f100

Reaction score
Glad it's running. I was wondering how the 71 would act. I'm gonna be running a 72/118 and was told it drove nice like max powers with the correct stall. And I'm running a 2200 stall with morgans comp trans so I guess we'll see in the spring hopefully.
I bet with the right convertor it could work. Mine is a rcd iirc its 1800. I have a suncoast that's pretty loose, I think its 2200. I had it in before even with the 66 vgt it was better suited for max powers. I need to send it to Jared and have it re stalled.

How is that adapter is it a custom piece? Sounds like a solid comp setup.
Its Elites 71 insanity. Drops right In place of the 66, same custom housing.

Latest posts