Mirrors

gnxtc2

Reaction score
I tow an enclosed gooseneck trailer.

Looking out and down the passenger side, the mirror neeeds to go out another 6" to have a perfect view. With the mirror fully extended, it's half of the trailer box.

The driver side is perfect.

Or is this a positioning issue because you are closer to the driver side mirror compared looking across to the passenger seat?

This issue is with both of my trucks. And both trucks have tow mirrors.

Anyone have this issue?

Billy T.
[email protected]

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
The longer the trailer the wider the mirrors need to be in order to see all the way past the rear. Get some of those ugly mirror extensions. Lol

live life full throttle

bluedge8

Reaction score
I put '08 mirrors on my dually, that manually extend and I can see all the way down my 30' 5th wheel. but I don't know how wide it is, a car hauler may be wider. Jake I would say that what you said is only true if the mirror is not out far enough to begin with. Like a semi, if the mirror is far enough out, you will be able to sight down the whole trailer. On my obs I just say F it and mostly just use the spot mirror- but I also don't drive in any heavy traffic when pulling a trailer.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
The longer the trailer the wider the mirrors need to be in order to see all the way past the rear. Get some of those ugly mirror extensions. Lol

live life full throttle

Then why could you see better using the driver side vs the passenger side? I have the same view with my 34' GN and now with the 44' GN.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
If I understand the question correctly, is it possible that the rear axle of the truck is slightly angled, making the truck “crab”? Even the slightest amount could show up under these circumstances.

Everything “should” be the same measurement off of centerline.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
I know for a fact that the rear of my '97 is dead on balls straight as I assisted the alignment guy get the thrust angle to 0°. Then the front was aligned.

The issue is that the passenger side mirror needs to extended another 6".

I drive my friend's 2000 F450 C&C with a utility body and it also has the same issue. When you look out the passenger mirror, you see half the body in the inner half of the mirror and the outer half down the body which is useless.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Latest posts