O2ShootTheJ's Build Thread

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
So after month's of searching, I found a truck I liked and took the plunge. Long story short the 2007 f250 with 133,000 was down on power 5 hours into the 6 hour trip. Made it home and popped the hood to see this

null_zps58b417de.jpg

Went inside, ticked off and exhausted from 9 hours worth of public bus rides and then a 6 hour drive back. Came out the next day and investigated further, found this.

null_zps0a3f2659.jpg

null_zps3c8e485e.jpg

Diesel in the coolant. Oil looked/smelled fine, so at this point we're assuming it's cracked heads. Truck is currently at Stroker's Unlimited hopefully they will start the tear down early next week and can keep us updated with pictures.

Me being my impatient self, I dropped way too much money on this truck before I even owned it in accessories, and then when it blew it really put a hurting on my wallet. But here are the plans for the truck (including the many parts sitting in my closet/garage waiting to go on once it runs again)

Motor:
-ARP studs
-OEM Gaskets
-EGR Delete
-Coolant Filter
-Oil Bypass
-CCV reroute
-Heads off a 06 w/ 83k miles
-MBRP 5" axle dump exhaust
-Livewire TS --> undecided on whose tunes

Cosmetic:
-Recon Tails, 3rd brake, and mirror lights
-Harley headlights with clear reflectors
-Tint front windows to match, want to do 50% on windshield but probably wont
-Remove steps and give to my pops for his truck
-Ditch the vent guards? Functional but kind of an eye sore
-FX4 sticker delete

Audio:
-Dnx 890HD w/ back up camera
-2 Sundown SD-8 subs in supercrew sound box (for EC, hope it works)
-1200.1 audioque amp

Suspension from PMF:
-Icon 2.5" dual rate coils
-Adjustable track bar
-Bilstein 5160 shocks X4
-Dual S/S kit
-4" blocks
-20x12 Gear Alloy 726MB
-305/55/20 Nitto Terra Grapplers

Here's a few pictures of how she is starting out (blue tape was for the trip home to prevent rock chips, bottom was already chipped so I didn't bother with it). Should be a fun journey from start to finish. If anyone has any input/advice don't hesitate to offer it up!

null_zps29d97a31.jpg

null_zps3567196a.jpg

null_zps72d3067a.jpg

Last edited:

JMart

Reaction score
Sucks about the luck. Looks like a clean truck though. I wanted a grey or red sport package truck, but wasn't lucky enough to find one.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
I looked for a long time. It was a work truck for 130,000 miles so it's actually got a lot of scratches/dings when you get up close but in shines up nice and looks really good from 10 feet back so i'm good with it. The 12's will be hard on the paint anyways

Reaction score
One of our 6.0s had diesel in coolant.
Had a cracked injector cup

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction score
Every1 around here was shocked too.
Did the injector cups and no more diesel in coolant who knows. Its always the weird stuff that happens to our vehicles

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Vizsla

Reaction score
It sucks, but hopefully the dealer will honor the bulk of repairs due to the fail time. Real nice truck, will be awesome once fixed, and your shop will do it right, and stand behind their work. Sure you'll spend outa pocket for studs, etc., may hurt now, but definitely worthwhile, simply for the peace of mind. After you get through this, you will be able to throw some power at it without any worries when the time comes, you know you will.......

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
Yea I'd do it now if I didn't have to pay for dental school, but every dollar I spend on this truck is a dollar I will have to borrow later at 6.8-8% interest :flush:

Honestly may just be doing the whole thing out of pocket without help from the seller. We will see though.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
Yea it happens man. Don't forget to let me know what I owe ya for doin that for me

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
I feel your pain... Same damn thing happened to me when I bought mine except mine blew the hpop up and cracked the rear cover too... $4500 bucks later after I had already ordered 5k in accessories for it with the left over money I had from my last truck. It SUCKS. but it is what it is... at least you know it will be done right now. Just blows paying top dollar for the exact truck you want and then having this happen :(

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your luck! Hopefully the dealer helps you out.... Not to be a d!ck but threads like this are the reason the 6.0 has a bad rap and I laugh at people who say just bullet proof them and be done. Sure, lets drop "just" 5 grand on a truck to make it somewhat reliable, and that doesn't even take care of all the other issues the 6.0 can/will have.

java

Reaction score
Oh boy that sucks! Good luck with your new truck and hopefully itll run strong after this.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
I feel your pain... Same damn thing happened to me when I bought mine except mine blew the hpop up and cracked the rear cover too... $4500 bucks later after I had already ordered 5k in accessories for it with the left over money I had from my last truck. It SUCKS. but it is what it is... at least you know it will be done right now. Just blows paying top dollar for the exact truck you want and then having this happen :(

Yea it really does stink! Kinda wild that you've been in almost the same situation.

Sorry to hear about your luck! Hopefully the dealer helps you out.... Not to be a d!ck but threads like this are the reason the 6.0 has a bad rap and I laugh at people who say just bullet proof them and be done. Sure, lets drop "just" 5 grand on a truck to make it somewhat reliable, and that doesn't even take care of all the other issues the 6.0 can/will have.

Yea, well hopefully this thing can stay fairly reliable for the next 5 years while I get through dental school. I'm sure the injectors will need replaced somewhere in there but hopefully nothing too major

As for the dealer helping me out, it really doesn't look like it's going to happen. What he wanted to do was really dishonest and shady, and I wasn't raised that way. I'd rather have a clear conscience and a empty wallet so it looks that will be the way things go.

Oh boy that sucks! Good luck with your new truck and hopefully itll run strong after this.

Thanks man I hope so too!

Dirty_Stroke

Reaction score

You'll spend more than 5 grand just on a transmission that will hold more than a programmer on a Durajunk.

OP, looks like a nice build. The 20x12's will put rock chips all in your paint but that's the price to pay for a good looking wheel. Can I suggest a set of black N-Fab bars? They completely change the look and they look great on a DSG truck.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
if the rock chips get bad the 6.0 my dad bought came with the black pastic steps that hug the body, i'll just throw those on since he wants my chrome steps. But I don't really have any extra money to spend on things I don't absolutely need for a while now that all this is happening :/

gonna try to run without steps for a while as long as its not too uncomfortable to get into

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Yea it really does stink! Kinda wild that you've been in almost the same situation.

Yep! I know right how ya feel... Sucks but then you know it will run awesome when done. Ever since I "re bulletproofed" mine it's been flawless and at just shy of 650whp since...

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
You'll spend more than 5 grand just on a transmission that will hold more than a programmer on a Durajunk.

Not hardly! A 6 speed Allison with a Transgo shift kit will hold the same power as a 5r. I have $2,400 in my PPE stage 4 trans kit and precision triple disc converter plus $400 to get it built.....

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
So i've been researching tunes a bit, looks like TSD Super Panty Dropper is one of the faster ones out there? Any negatives on it? Afraid to type panty dropper into google :poke:

Latest posts

Members online