Red Truck comes apart....Again.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Well about 2 weeks after the compounds were put in, head gaskets took a vacation. (I knew this was going to happen, just hoped I could get a little more out of it..oh well)

Cab will be off the truck tonight. Going to make a few changes to the truck from everything including suspension, transmission, minor motor modifications, and a few other details. Stay tuned. Pics as always!

IMG_39181_zps5dfa365b.jpg

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Was this with or without studs? OEM gaskets?

Stock gaskets, with studs. had the truck studded for three years, milled heads, and studs torqued to 210. Truck handled everything I threw at it until we put compounds on it. I knew gaskets were going to go with the compounds, it was just a matter of time.

Heads will be getting o-ringed, factory gaskets, and going to torque studs to 265

Pics of the compound kit ?

little cluttered, but that is all going to be getting taken care of now

IMG_3074_zps73b9729a.jpg

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
got about 30 minutes to work on this the last two days but got the turbos off, down to the intake manifold and all the wireing harnesses. hope to have the heads off tonight so I can have them sent out to be machined/o-ringed while im away this weekend.

IMG_3936_zps1cc899ad.jpg

Mdub707

Reaction score
What size compound setup is on this beast? I'll be watching closely, loved the last round of build up on it, way clean!

MorganY

Reaction score
Piping looks great. Sorry to hear about the gaskets. How are egts on that? Spoolup is much better feeding directly into the manifold from the high pressure outlet, denser primary charge, pretty good power gain on the track as well. Unfortunately for us Lance, it would not be a practical setup for DD'ing in the texas summer unless you went down on the charger sizes. Too damn hot!

Still one of my favorite red trucks on PSA, gorgeous.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
so as promised, pulled the injectors out last night, and pulled the heads.

IMG_3950_zps3e528c4b.jpg

IMG_3947_zpsdeb83635.jpg

No comments about the carpet!
IMG_3948_zps5e2f20d1.jpg

Gaskets didn't look too bad
IMG_3951_zps2ded88cb.jpg

Heads will be sent out for O-rings, and injectors are headed back to craig and MPD. He is going to go through them make sure they are flowing what they should be.

Truck is gona sit for a little bit now...vacation time for me!

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
take these one at a time

Man i remember drooling over the original build. gotta watch this one for sure.

Thanks, this one isn't going to be so crazy, just a trans, some powder coating, and cleaning up in general.

Am I looking at this wrong or is only the atmosphere turbo going through the intercooler and then out of the intercooler it goes into the primary turbo?

You are correct

You're seeing correctly.

Think it needs a leveling kit

so what is the thought process of only cooling one stage of turbo vs both?

Piping looks great. Sorry to hear about the gaskets. How are egts on that? Spoolup is much better feeding directly into the manifold from the high pressure outlet, denser primary charge, pretty good power gain on the track as well. Unfortunately for us Lance, it would not be a practical setup for DD'ing in the texas summer unless you went down on the charger sizes. Too damn hot!

Still one of my favorite red trucks on PSA, gorgeous.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

lance-

exactly what was stated above, the idea was this set up would spool quicker. there has been many people asking about temperatures ect, and at the moment im only reading off my Glow shift gauges, but cruising in july out to pa, it was close to 95 degrees outside, truck was happy around 8-900 degrees cruising 75-80. temps seem to stay relatively cool, and truck starts spooling around 1500 rpm. Although I do not drive this truck every day, around my area, I wouldn't see the problem DDing this truck. But where the temps are much hotter, might cause a little question. but then again, the meth injection helps with that as well. (note those numbers above are not including meth injection)

One of my guys is going to pull the transmission out of the truck for me while im on vacation this weekend, and well swap that into a customers truck next week. Then the core will head down to craig for one of his transmissions as well. Goal is to have the truck running by December 1, although its gona need to be off my lift a whole lot sooner!

Latest posts

Members online