Progress thread

swinky

Reaction score
This thread is just intended to keep track of what I'm doing and how everything is working for me. I just got promoted so progress should be moving faster here shortly. Back in late January I bought an 03 king ranch with 204k on the clock. Body is straight, seats are average.
2u8udezu.jpg
night I bought it.

I picked up an sct the next day and Already had an exhaust at home for it. That leaded to this
y3eze4uj.jpg
then this
jy3ary3y.jpg
I then found a good deal on some wheels so I picked up some 18x10 welds and put some 325/60r18 toyo at2s on it
7yqagyha.jpg
I saved up to take it to Dorian, also had to take a loan out with the coast guard to fund everything and do it right the first time
abe2ypa5.jpg
after that I downloaded the wild track file from vivian and hit the track. I liked the file but I wanted something more daily drivable with lock up
emedupy4.jpg
went 13.90 on her track file.

I moved to virginia for a couple of months and found a deal on some 20x12 pacers. So I went ahead and put some 420s on those
gypu8eju.jpg

I then Went home to Florida and smoked my trans so it got a ford reman and went ahead and got the xtreme-x tune from eric. Took it to the track and had great results
e7y7uvu5.jpg
I'm the left lane and my dad is the right. He's on 35s in a late 04 6liter with anarchy tune and a billet wicked wheel2.

That's where I'm at right now. Soon to come is gauges along with an s&b intake. later down the road will be some 175/75s or 30s unsure on the nozzle along with a 63.5 or 66mm billet wheel in my 03 turbo. End goal is 12s with a stock appearing turbo.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

RedRice589

Reaction score
Truck is clean as hell man. Your old mans truck moves right along too. Where was that run at? I'm running mine stock like it is then going to see what I can get my time down to. Stripping all the wight off after my first full weight run.

swinky

Reaction score
Thanks bud, I was stoked when my dad ran that good. I think hes got 13s in it. Let me know what you run, I'm getting an intake asap and hoping for mid 13.7s

ford rules

Reaction score
Hows the FICM? Thing should start just fine in 40 degree temps. My truck starts great even when its around 0 just cycle the glowplugs once to.

william_ace

Reaction score
^^^ I would check the ficm as well. My truck had 219k when I bought it and it sounded similar to yours in cold weather. Ended up turning my injectors into 175/stocks and that problem went away. If I could do it over again, I would go 190/30or75. Once you start going bigger and getting more power, you'll always want more.

swinky

Reaction score
Ficm is good according to scan gauge. Injectors are coming soon. 175/30s or 75s not sure yet.

swinky

Reaction score
Truck is clean as hell man. Your old mans truck moves right along too. Where was that run at? I'm running mine stock like it is then going to see what I can get my time down to. Stripping all the wight off after my first full weight run.

Sorry never answered your question. It was at pbir in Palm Beach.

swinky

Reaction score
Go larger and have your tuner pull fuel out and skip the ladder.

The engine is pretty high mileage so I've been thinking smaller nozzles will help the cylinder walls over time. Can they tune out the effects of a big nozzle? I know they can lower pulse width but it's the dumping a lot of fuel at once that I feel might wash out the walls. I guess I could just go 190/75 and stress to eric that I want to try and keep the thing alive. It's an 03 so I'm afraid of hpo issues as well.

slc dzl

Reaction score
I was referring to the cc of the injector, some 190/75 would be a great injector to get you into the low 13s and be very streetable.
As far as high mileage you can do a compression test and a oil analysis to tell you the state of your engine.

swinky

Reaction score
Goal is high 12s. For now all I'm doing with the turbo is sending it off to have the comp housing machined for a 64.7mm wheel. It's an 03 turbo so I have the 10 blade turbine.

I know it's optimistic but I was thinking intake, turbo mod, RR, traction bars and 175/75s could break 12s.

swinky

Reaction score
I was referring to the cc of the injector, some 190/75 would be a great injector to get you into the low 13s and be very streetable.
As far as high mileage you can do a compression test and a oil analysis to tell you the state of your engine.

You have run 12s with an s366 correct?

swinky

Reaction score
No I have never ran my 366 that I got.
I have only ran vgt's on my truck. And the best pass on a vgt was 13.3@ 103 with a 2.2 60ft

That's probably a 12.6-12.8 with a good 60. What happened on the launch?

slc dzl

Reaction score
I cant get out of the hole,best ive cut is a 1.8.
truck needs a better driver . :LOL:
But another option for you would to be spray stock and that should get you in the 12s.

Latest posts

Members online