My Redemption build

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Well some of you might have followed my last build thread/failure... I had a TON of problems with that truck. Just about anything that could have possibly gone wrong happened twice LOL. I won't go too much into detail but it was unbelievable all the issues I ran into that set the build back. Well I finally decided to give up on that cursed truck and start a WHOLE NEW project.

I decided to take the same advice that I give to everyone else when they are looking for a good deal on a 6.0. INSTEAD of paying $15,000-18,000 for a good clean low mileage 6.0 that still needs a ton of work and bullet proofing. I picked up a clean 2003 ccsb 4x4 for $5,000 with a blown motor and so I can fix it up just how I want it.

I am hoping to build a mid 600 - 700hp truck that can still tow max weight with ease. I also want it to ride like a new truck.

Here are my plans so far.

205/30 injectors
Stage 3 WPE intake manifold
No Limit fab cold air intake
CF upgraded intercooler
Rudy's CAC tubes
T500 HPOP
bored .040 pistons with valve reliefs and de-lipped fuel bowls
decked the block .005 to make sure it is dead flat
Billet Colt Stage 2 cam
Upgraded lifters
Rudy's billet push rods
ARP 625s
Fully built Oring heads, hardened valve seats, 6.4 exhaust valves, new injector cups, and upgraded valve springs
FelPro headgaskets
EGR missing
MBRP ypipes
Andy Warren comp tranny
New tie rods, ball joints, drag link, and pitman
Upgraded Redhead steering gear box
New ujoints
New carrier bearing and balanced driveshaft
PMF Traction bars
2007 bumper, headlights, and grille swap
BPD upgraded water pump
BPD 6 phase FICM 58v FICM
BPD billet oil filter, fuel fitler, and oil fill caps

I have been quietly working on this build for months and already have most of the parts. I just got her up and running, but she still has a lot of work to be done.

I plan to spend a lot of time testing turbos once I get the truck done.

I am hoping to REDEEM myself from my last horrible build :thumbsup:

This is the day I bought her
00D0D_fjf5zu4fVo3_600x450_zpsgi3cmzyr.png

This is what she looks like now
2501FDA8-5FC2-405E-A28C-C2A4E46D0F17_zpsgdvw3gog.png

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Is this theone you had the base oil issue on? Did you ever get that figured out?

Congrats on gettin it running.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Is this theone you had the base oil issue on? Did you ever get that figured out?

Congrats on gettin it running.

Yep. New oil galley plug popped out. We should have just threaded plugs in.

She is running good now.

valvetick

Reaction score
This one looks good Charlie! I want to see it when I come back to az for Christmas/New Years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Wow, I've never liked red but that thing looks awesome, just needs some black 20's and some amp steps.

Hope this one works out for you

Jomax

Reaction score
For it to ride like a new truck, are you converting the front axle? 2011+ rear springs?

KCTurbos

Reaction score
For it to ride like a new truck, are you converting the front axle? 2011+ rear springs?

I guess I should have said... ride like a brand new "2003" truck. The 2003 suspension works great for what I do... I just wanted it to be nice and tight.

thatred250

Reaction score
This gives me faith to want to build my 04(early 04) and not sell it for a 05-07. just got to work it into the budget for next year.

strokin6L

Reaction score
That should be doable with his 68mm stage 3 at least even with 30% nozzles. Those nozzles will empty a 190cc injector...a 205cc isn't that far off. I believe guys have already made 600hp with a stage 3 and 190/30's already.

Last edited:

swinky

Reaction score
That should be doable with his 68mm stage 3 at least even with 30% nozzles. Those nozzles will empty a 190cc injector...a 205cc isn't that far off. I believe guys have already made 600hp with a stage 3 and 190/30's already.
And backed it up in anyway?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online