Carli springs, OUO bars with bags, need help

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
Picked up my 2.5" carli deaver springs from Josh today, (thanks man!). Trying to figure out how to get bags and OUO traction bars mounted. Also blew a seal on fox shocks today, but another thread...

I have 2.5" Carli Deaver springs which I intend to use OUO bars (sitting in office-need mounts)and some kind of air bags with. I like the daystar bracket non attached idea, but honestly I don't off-road my $60k truck. However I'd still like articulation trying to get toys and equipment into the woods. I know Carli makes bags but they won't work with 2.5" lift. I plan to upgrade to 37" Toyo rts (have 35" now, plenty of room)on the stock platinum wheels and prefer not to collapse a fender with a load and offroad. So I definitely need a bag, prefer biggest bag I can fit. But why I stated about shock, I don't think it's conscience the shock next to 5" pipe leaked today was real close to extreme heat for 8-9 hour ride

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I have firestone bags mounted to the OUO blocks on my truck, works pretty well. I have heard the 2wd bags for our trucks are a bit longer to give you a little extra. The daystar cradles are a good idea I need to get some for my truck, I got under it to clean it this winter and noticed I have both my bags torn from going threw ditches and what not.

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
ordered 2wd air lift bags today, Guess I need day star cradles and OUO under axle mounts. I forgot to metion I have a blue ox gooseneck, not sure if air lift mounts will work

Jomax

Reaction score
ordered 2wd air lift bags today, Guess I need day star cradles and OUO under axle mounts. I forgot to metion I have a blue ox gooseneck, not sure if air lift mounts will work

Bummer, I have hellwig Big wig bags for a 2wd I would’ve sold for less the new. Never used brand new in the box.

Was meant for my 2015

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
Bummer, I have hellwig Big wig bags for a 2wd I would’ve sold for less the new. Never used brand new in the box.

Was meant for my 2015

they have brackets? I bought them for $82 shipped from amazon. warehouse deals open box lol. I am interested though, pm me

Poglife

Reaction score

Was meant for my 2015

How much you want for them and what all is included

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
well neither the big wig or air lift will fit with my 5th wheel and these springs. air lift mounts on top of top plate which can not happen the way I have stock top plates. the big wig will work after i modify the top bracket I think. it won't bolt up with the 5th wheel plate on outside of frame rail

Wayne

Reaction score
I built a full kit for just this application, but on a '17 a while back using the Daystar pucks. Nothing I saw stock would work so I fabbed it all up, and welded mounts to the axles. It works fantastically, but welding is a big commitment. I might dig up some pics to give you an idea maybe of what to do

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
post pics.

so far I have wrapped the pipe with header wrap. Have the traction bars and springs working, have not modified the upper brackets for fit at the fifth wheel brackets. I will take a few pics today.

had to pull my sway bar off as the links will hit the springs under flex

Wayne

Reaction score
IMG_20171206_195951451.jpg

IMG_20171206_193956822.jpg

IMG_20171204_183321040.jpg

I didn't get any good pics of the upper brackets i made, but it's just a 1/4" thick plate that ties into the original bump stop bolt holes on the bottom side of the frame rail. It extends inboard enough for a full footprint of the top of the bag. I then used 1 1/2" X 1/4" angle iron vertical supports that tied into another matching angle iron bracket that runs horizontally, tying into both 5th wheel bracket bolts, which you can see in the pic, so no frame mods or holes were made. I had the upper brackets powder coated before final install. On the bottom. I traced out the daystar pucks and made matching size plates, which I welded to the saddle axle mounts, which I also welded in place. Looking back, I suppose I could've made some U bolt and saddle brackets that could bolt on. this system is never coming off, and I built it as a one-off deal. If someone were to do a production type deal, I think the bolt on method would be best.

Latest posts

Members online