What Rubber to put on a 20x10 KMC XD

norcaldiesel

Reaction score
So I can't seem to shake the black wheel disease. I just finished a 5" Icon lift/suspension rebuild and the old AM Force 16 inchers and 33's just don't fill the wheel well anylonger.

So I am moving up to 20 inch wheels, primarily to accommodate a bigger brake caliper and rotor, but also for looks. Here's the catch.. I hate trends and I have to be able to drive it daily on the highways so Mud tires are not gonna work as they are too noisy and end up riding like S&*! around their half life. So I need a decent tire that I can put 40 - 50k on w/o having to accept the monster truck ride.

Any Ideas, I can get New XD's for 850.00.

Should I go black and never go back, or stay chrome??

Betarocker

Reaction score
Trojan Lubricated.

:D

Are you looking for a 35" or 37" tire? I was satisfied with the wear of my Toyo ATs. I went to MT when they wore out.

norcaldiesel

Reaction score
Trojan Lubricated.

:D

Are you looking for a 35" or 37" tire? I was satisfied with the wear of my Toyo ATs. I went to MT when they wore out.

Didn't know they made 'em that big.. Maybe 20 long, but 10 wide is a killer.

35's.. 37's are too tall. I really don't want the big wide tire look, but I need the room for Brakes so 20's definitely and nothing taler than 35's.

I saw a Hankook 35 and a 325 metric. I almost want to go with Nitto Terra Grapplers, but they ride a little hard.

Any pics of 35's or 37 "ers on 20's that are not MT's would be great. I just can't picture what AT's would look like on a Black XD's..

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
I have Hankooks now in a 325. They ride great.

...and I've ran Nitto, Toyo, BFG and a few others too.

sagres

Reaction score
Toyo M/T or A/T Open Country all day. Expensive but worth the money.

I have 37x1350s on a 22in rim but yu get the picture. I love the toyos.
exscursion.jpg

Latest posts

Members online