Time to do injectors

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Ok here’s a another update. Yes I am running a wastegate. My ICP is bad and either my stock fuel pump is not going to big enough or it’s weak,according to the mechanic. Also I may not have programmed the hydra chip right so it might be running on stock computer. Or something isn’t right with the chip and just needs updated. Also there is a fuel leak off the return side under the truck. He sounds pretty optimistic that it’s a simple fix.
That was going ro be my first suggestion as to taking the line off the wastegate diaphragm and plug it and see what it does. Next step is tighten the gate adjustment rod.

I tried to run my dually with that red line plugged into the wastegate diaphragm and it made it spit and sputter and stumble.

Im not 100% sure but i think it is the pw that goes up with the lack of icp.. i could be backwards or way off cuz it has been since 2010 since i have needed anything that has to do with tuning. Thats when i but the bullet and drove down to beans and had it live tuned on the dyno..

Only issue still is that it is still drawing a lot of juice somewhere.. like a lot.. lol..

live life full throttle

Dirtclod

Reaction score
He did say he was not familiar with the hydra chip. Mostly what he’s dealt with is edge products. Which I suppose is ok. They’re probably better than they used to be and I guess that’s what they refer to as generic tunes. I sent him the info for him to call PHP and get whatever info he’s wanting. I’d say he’s going to get a little schooling. Maybe make him better at understanding these 7.3’s. Or at least tuning and whatnot. Far as pw and tuning and all that,I’ll leave it to the experts. I’m done working on these engines. Just basic stuff. It cost me twice as much to do it myself,lol!

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Just a thought here,is it possible if when I cleaned the Silicon off the contacts on the pcm that maybe I took too much off of one or just a couple of contacts? Or maybe it’s close enough that it’s causing issues?

DieselDC

Reaction score
Just a thought here,is it possible if when I cleaned the Silicon off the contacts on the pcm that maybe I took too much off of one or just a couple of contacts? Or maybe it’s close enough that it’s causing issues?

Could be. Swamps will repair for you if you did. Take a picture and Let’s see what it looks like

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

DieselDC

Reaction score
He rounds like he don’t know what he’s talking about . Take off the hydra - your truck will run- just not optimum. This will see if hydra is causing the problem.

—————signature—————

Dirtclod

Reaction score
He rounds like he don’t know what he’s talking about . Take off the hydra - your truck will run- just not optimum. This will see if hydra is causing the problem.

—————signature—————

Lol! I should just go get it probably but I’ve got too much to do tomorrow. If by next Friday it’s not at least diagnosed for certain,I’m going to pick it up and take it to full throttle diesel in High Point NC. They’re probably a couple months behind but it’s really my only other choice. Let’s hope he has a handle on it.

DieselDC

Reaction score
Damn I wonder what he’s going to charge to take the truck back!!’

—————signature—————

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Ok here’s a little update on this situation. He has been in touch with PHP and they are working through it with him. What he’s saying is the computer thinks it still has spit shot injectors and it’s dumping too much fuel. One thing he says it could be is when the chip was burned it was burned for a stock truck or something didn’t download right and was left out. Based on what info he’s getting from diagnostic he says everything mechanical is ok. Have any of you guys ran into this issue when going to hybrid injectors?

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Just another update here. It doesn’t sound like to me that there’s anything wrong with the hydra chip. But I do have a pic of the pcm where the chip plugs up. I’ll upload it here and you guys tell me what you think. I think I took a little too much off on a couple of the connections.

Attachments

• 2B1E8C25-C6A4-4BCE-9873-BD7224018EC2.jpg
    2B1E8C25-C6A4-4BCE-9873-BD7224018EC2.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 81

DieselDC

Reaction score
Like I iterated above, it’s highly unlikely hydra chip.

Looks like you went buck wild on them
Contacts brother.

—————signature—————

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Like I iterated above, it’s highly unlikely hydra chip.

Looks like you went buck wild on them
Contacts brother.

—————signature—————

I think that’s my problem.

DieselDC

Reaction score
Against, swamps can repair it.

—————signature—————

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Any idea what their turnaround time would be? Guess it really don’t matter as long as it’s been, lol. I’ll check their website out. Once again thanks for info.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Just another update here. It doesn’t sound like to me that there’s anything wrong with the hydra chip. But I do have a pic of the pcm where the chip plugs up. I’ll upload it here and you guys tell me what you think. I think I took a little too much off on a couple of the connections.
Holy chit... yeah thats bad. Tin is supposed to be left on there.

live life full throttle

DieselDC

Reaction score
Any idea what their turnaround time would be? Guess it really don’t matter as long as it’s been, lol. I’ll check their website out. Once again thanks for info.

Jonathan at swamp will plow through that in maybe a weeks time.

[email protected] - the guys a genius! I forgot what it was but i think it’s 75 to check and 500 to rebuild. Since it’s not a full rebuild it would be cheaper. Make sure you send the hydra chip installed b/c he will test and check both.

—————signature—————

Latest posts

Members online