Spun Bearing?

greyford1979

Reaction score
Well I had a big scare today. I was getting on the expressway heading home after work. As I was accelerating, I heard a loud bang and felt like I lost a lot of power. Also was pouring out black smoke. Engine was running fine, immediately though something let go in the trans, felt like I couldn't accelerate. Hopped off at the exit. Tried to see if I could feel anything in the trans, but it shifted fine just had no power and smoking like crazy. Noticed boost was reading zero :doh:. Blew a damn intercooler boot off lol. What a sigh of relief that was, I was mfing the world before that lol.

Zeb

Reaction score
Well I had a big scare today. I was getting on the expressway heading home after work. As I was accelerating, I heard a loud bang and felt like I lost a lot of power. Also was pouring out black smoke. Engine was running fine, immediately though something let go in the trans, felt like I couldn't accelerate. Hopped off at the exit. Tried to see if I could feel anything in the trans, but it shifted fine just had no power and smoking like crazy. Noticed boost was reading zero :doh:. Blew a intercooler boot off lol. What a sigh of relief that was, I was mfing the world before that lol.

Man I know that feeling. First boot I ever blew off was on my first hot 6.0. Got it together, put several miles on it, everything was peachy. Headed back to the shop and decided to go WOT. Hit about 50psi and BOOM!!! Scared me silly.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Lol. The first time it ever happens will make you just about piss yourself. After that you kind of get used to it.

live life full throttle

greyford1979

Reaction score
Man I know that feeling. First boot I ever blew off was on my first hot 6.0. Got it together, put several miles on it, everything was peachy. Headed back to the shop and decided to go WOT. Hit about 50psi and BOOM!!! Scared me silly.

Lol. The first time it ever happens will make you just about piss yourself. After that you kind of get used to it.

live life full throttle

Yep exactly how I felt lol. Man when I saw I had no boost, that was such a good feeling knowing exactly what happened lol. Having gauges sure made for a quick diagnosis.

dsberman94

Reaction score
I’ve been in 3 trucks that blew boots and mine was one. My truck was the only one that actually scared me because it was more of a pissed off that I just blew something up than being surprised.

fastersteve

Reaction score
I had one blow off towing to Daytona with a buddy, he about **** himself. It was quite entertaining!

Latest posts

Members online