How to tell if a shop really did a compression check?

Enoch

Reaction score
As it sits now they have it Labor (8hrs) $800, Valve cover gasket with harness $159.98 (x2), Shop supplies, zip ties, clamps, connectors, bulk hose, misc. $175 (confused on this) A/C O-Ring and Orfice tune $35, Tax $30.52. With total being $1,200.50
I was looking at Unlimited Diesel for the injectors. I never heard of Pure Power.
My understanding is if I go to the 160/30's I need a special tune. Can that be written for a plug n play SCT tuner?
Currently in Peoria, Il.

Last edited:

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Lmao. Are they taking off AC components to get the valve cover out?

sootie

Reaction score
As it sits now they have it Labor (8hrs) $800, Valve cover gasket with harness $159.98 (x2), Shop supplies, zip ties, clamps, connectors, bulk hose, misc. $175 (confused on this) A/C O-Ring and Orfice tune $35, Tax $30.52. With total being $1,200.50
I was looking at Unlimited Diesel for the injectors. I never heard of Pure Power.
My understanding is if I go to the 160/30's I need a special tune. Can that be written for a plug n play SCT tuner?
Currently in Peoria, Il.
Drag the truck to Midwest Diesel in Athens. Or maybe RCD could help you out right in town...

Strokersace

Reaction score
Currently in Peoria, Il.

Did they pull the engine? Even so, a/c wouldn’t have to come apart! See Lincolnlocker’s post above. Well and everyone else’s!! You’re getting screwed.

Drag the truck to Midwest Diesel in Athens. Or maybe RCD could help you out right in town...

No joke. Very reputable shops right there or very close by.

I feel bad for you man. You’re getting d!cked and the guy isn’t even trying to hide it.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Currently in Peoria, Il.
There is a better shop close enough to you. See sooties post below.
As soon as i read Peoria, those where the shops id go to.

Well, i have went to midwest diesel and auto. From central Michigan.. they rebuilt my dually for me. Not saying the op needs a rebuild but they are a top notch shop.

live life full throttle

tomlin

Reaction score
The 38R has a little play side to side from the factory. It seems strange but that's how it is. As long as the wheel is not hitting the housing it is probably ok. Garrett claims oil pressure plays an important role in helping support the bearing/shaft. If it were dusted it would have blow by. Big time blow by.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
The 38R has a little play side to side from the factory. It seems strange but that's how it is. As long as the wheel is not hitting the housing it is probably ok. Garrett claims oil pressure plays an important role in helping support the bearing/shaft. If it were dusted it would have blow by. Big time blow by.
Its a dual ball bearing charger.. side to side is actually callednend play. Its normal.. its in and out what gets scary.

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online