Guys that tow long haul: AC or windows?

Which one do you use?

• I use AC, and notice NO decrease in MPG

Votes: 21 80.8%
  • I use windows, and notice no decrease in MPG.

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I use AC, and notice a loss in MPG

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I use windows, and notice no MPG loss

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters

always-strokin

Reaction score
What the hell does riding around drinking in a vehicle at night while in Texas have to do with running your ac when pulling at highway speeds?

Im confused, since we're discussing economy. Nobody gives a **** if a prius gets better mileage. I have a 300hp car with a v8 that gets 25mpg if its cruising. I still care, to some degree, what level of economy the truck achieves.

Amen brother. And I lol'd at the first paragraph.

Atsah

Reaction score
What the hell does riding around drinking in a vehicle at night while in Texas have to do with running your ac when pulling at highway speeds?

Im confused, since we're discussing economy. Nobody gives a **** if a prius gets better mileage. I have a 300hp car with a v8 that gets 25mpg if its cruising. I still care, to some degree, what level of economy the truck achieves.

LOL

I use the AC most of the time on the highway and around town.. I hate heat so unless it's 75F or lower, my AC is on regardless of were I am.. I didn't see much of a differance in mpg in the three diesels I have had and this new 6.2 seems to be the same..

Coposrv

Reaction score
Just put the boat in the water last week. 90 degrees and windows cracked AC blasting. No difference in mileage I could see.

rray37375

Reaction score
Windows up and A/C on when towing my fifth wheel travel trailer. Sweet spot speed is 62 miles per hour, I get 12 mpg unless I get a nasty headwind, like I did traveling through Texas, then it dropped to 9 mpg. Wind was blowing 35-40 mph. A/C must be on as she who must be obeyed insists. She passes the time playing games on her laptop and surfing the web. The wind in her face would be a distraction to said activities.

Latest posts

Members online